Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 AM   #61
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

70hp per liter on rice?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #62
Pie
Gone and done

Try adding some kimchee. That'll give you some serious hp.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #63
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Try adding some kimchee. That'll give you some serious hp.
kimchee is very hard to find in the RPGs I play.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #64
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

I think I shall have to mention kimchee to the DM of the rpg we're currently playing. Thanks for the idea!
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #65
Pie
Gone and done

De nada.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #66
Griff
still says videotape

2fer or 3fer.

Ancient woman doing <5mph weaving back and forth using both lanes on a rotary.

Young Mr. Rice Burner with crappy black civic tried to wedge between two cars which were cheating to the outsides of their respective lanes. Dumbass cell phone woman on the right weaves almost hits him, he locks it up and dodges bullet. He then drops the "hammer" passing ineffective multi-tasker on the right on the exit ramp. I needed two sidewinder missles and had none.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #67
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
I'll call with yuppie cyclists and amish horse and buggies, both found most commonly on winding back roads with no shoulders and a steep drop-off into a body of water on one side.

easy clean-up, then....
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #68
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sending a bitchy email and getting no reply
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #69
glatt

Verizon is scorching my groove today. The pig fuckers.

We've had DSL at home, provide by Verizon, but purchased and passed through CTI Networks (va.net). The reason we got it through CTI is that back when we had a Macintosh, CTI was the only company willing to provide DSL for a Mac, and Verizon wouldn't. (It had to do with providing a router instead of a modem, or something like that. I don't remember. It was years ago.) We paid an extra $5 per month pass through charge to have the arrangement, but we were very happy because CTI has fantastic customer service, and since they are so small, we were able to get a really cool e-mail address. Everyone comments on how cool our e-mail address is when we tell it to them. It's a play on our last name @va.net. We live in va, so it's perfect.

Anyway, on Friday of last week, our DSL went down. We called CTI, and they said it was a problem with Verizon and that Verizon said it wouldn't be up again until Monday. Actually, the DSL signal was still there, but it wasn't connected to the Web or our e-mail. Many calls and very friendly conversations with CTI brings us to today, when we learned that Verizon has decided not to fix the problem and will instead drop all DSL customers through CTI. I can only imagine what this is doing to that company's business.

So now, we can't get DSL passed through CTI anymore. We lose our awesome e-mail address that we have had for years, and we face the prospect of going to the pig fuckers that caused this whole mess to buy DSL directly through them. We would actually be rewarding the jerks that did this to us. Or we can spend a lot more money and buy cable and internet service through the cable company. We don't currently have cable, nor do we want it.

Grr. We'll probably just suck it up and get DSL through evil Verizon. I hate them right now.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #70
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Buttfuck the bastards in the mouth!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #71
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I had to use my "outside voice" today. It's a good thing I was outside.

I really can't believe some of the sh** that people think, and when it's people close to you, you go even more batshit crazy.

So I choose not to believe it.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #72
Shawnee123

Don't take any crap, Cicero!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #73
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Car drama update: Long story short, my car repairs still haven't begun. Their insurance company told Red they told the repair shop to go ahead and begin last week. When he called to check to see when our car might be done, they said "Huh? It's still sitting outside, we haven't gotten the go ahead yet". Apparently the ins co is mailing me a check for the repairs.

WTF ever dudes, it's your dime wasted because we are just going to be driving the rental car that much longer.

At least we are getting more snow to replace what melted this past weekend. The rental is RWD. WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #74
Shawnee123

Everyone is stopping by to tell me to be careful and the highway is a sheet of ice and everyone is dying. What the eff can I do about it now? There are no alternate routes. Well there are but it will take me days to get home. Crap.

Watch me take a personal day tomorrow if the school isn't closed.

I knew this was a risk. No biggie, but like I said I have two days I have to use before the end of the year that I had not intended to use just because I'm new...but I will use one tomorrow if it's bad and we're not closed.

Wish me luck guys. A semi tried to run me off the interstate this morning (changed lanes while I was right next to him and pushed me almost into the construction guard wall...I flipped that fucker off all the way up the road.)

Sigh. I'm a poo today. I need a hug.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #75
glatt

*hug*
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote