The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #31
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thanks Jim.
By the way - I went to the DSO concert on NYE at the Electric Factory with Dannyboy, Holy Hell that was fantastic. They started at 8:40pm and didn't finish the third set till 2:15am. We were front and center the whole night - literally.
In the middle of the third (I think) set these two girls began performing above the crowd. It was crazy. Even the band was staring at them while playing.
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #32
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Nice. Looks like a fun night

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #33
classicman

Just heard that DSO is playing in New Orleans in April. They are recreating a famous Dead Show on its 40th anniversary at the same venue. Copping a fuck it and planning the trip. I'm moving on - literally.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #34
classicman

Staying home and feeling guilty is NOT working for me. I'm too old to waste time thinking about someone who doesn't seem to give a crap about me.
She's a good person and all, I'm guessing somehow we grew apart and that's just how it goes.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I am late reading this thread, but glad to see someone made my joke for me. Good job, digr.
Glad to help!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #36
classicman

First contact post dissolution has been made. She texted me late Thursday night to inform me that she had to put one of her cats down. Struck me right in the heart. I'm embarrassed to say that I missed them - a lot. And now I'll never have had the chance to say goodbye properly. Fuck.
I replied with my condolences and nothing more.
She pretty much did the same. It was surreal, in a way. I immediately felt like I wanted to be there for her. To comfort her and help share/lessen the burden of her grief... Seemingly no desire for that on her side. I'm feeling guilty in a weird way and then at the same time not at all. sigh ...
Old 01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

That was an amicable gesture. After all, it's not like you married her and adopted her cats.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #38
classicman

Kinda feels like we were ... after 11 years. I was there when both the new cats were adopted. I was there when the first was put down. Now they are both gone and there is only the old man left. He's about 17+ now. He and I bonded the most. He slept next to my head every time I was there. I miss him. I want to say goodbye to him. Is that selfish of me?
Old 01-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #39
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Unless you can establish a common law marriage, you didn't accept joint responsibility for the cats. Feeling the way you feel is fine. Acting on it would be selfish without an invitation.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #40
classicman

yeh ... thats kinda where I am in my head. We didn't live together, so there is nothing formal at all. I just miss him and knowing he is old, I'd like to see him one more time. I'd like to say goodbye properly instead of just disappearing. Though I'm not sure if that will make it better or worse.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #41
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Do you have something of hers you could return to her, using this as a pretense of seeing Old Man Kitteh? Does she have something of yours you could go ask after, also using this as a pretense of seeing Old Man Kitteh?

"Hi, Sorry I didn't call first, but I just wanted to return your sweater that you lef--Oh,there's Old Man Kitteh. Hey, boy!"

And then fuck her and her sweater, and love on OMK.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #42
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

@ gravedigr.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #43
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That's a variation of The Leave Behind, as performed by George Costanza on Seinfeld.

During a break-up ya leave something behind at her house, so you can return for it later. Then ya try to weasel your way back into the relationship.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #44
classicman

@Grav.

Sadly, the only things I have of hers are gifts from days gone by and the only things at her place are pretty much the same - damn you! I just remembered I gave her that cedar chest a few years ago. I spent months refurbishing that. I wanted it to be a family heirloom.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #45
classicman

Soooooooooooo ... Its been over a month.

I'm occasionally reflecting on what happened and the why's... seems we just grew apart.
I feel the desire to tell her I'm sorry that I couldn't love her the way she needed to be loved. However I am dealing with a bigger issue now that became more evident over the last couple weeks. I actually had a GREAT WEEK at work and found myself wanting to share mu successes with ... her. Then it hit me that I lost that part also. I miss my best friend - a lot. That really sucks.