The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #16
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
When tapping, don't most people simply increase the silence between the taps to indicated a dash?
Well, when tapping most people use tap code.

I've heard the argument that removing the code requirement will enable more abusive operators on the air. I agree with Maggie -- nothing has shown that the ability to listen to code at 5/10/15 WPM makes you more any more of a polite and decent ham than those that don't. (Funny, the one guy I knew that did abuse both 2m and HF bands (and got caught!) was a lid that wore a badge that read "shut up and learn the code" to every field day, club meeting, etc.)

Made one CW contact on 40m that was my first and last. In the middle of the exchange, the sun set and an AM music station rolled right over us, ending the conversation. I don't even think I got a QSL card out of it. Even at around 7wpm, it was surprisingly stressful! I wish I would have kept at it, despite that.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #17
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I'm no longer rusty with code, I've completely lost my abilities. Anyone care to lend a hand? The last 10 seconds of each of these audio clips has a short segment of code, some numbers. If anyone can copy it, I'd appreciate it!

One
Two
Three

Last edited by Kitsune; 02-13-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote