The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

The Right to Live

Deadly Religions

I've never understood these groups that don't believe in medical care. If an adult wants to let themselves die, more power to them; but I think that the children should not be subjected to this.

Y'know, god gave us doctors for a fucking REASON. God helps those who help themselves, right? Well, why don't these idiots help themselves to some medical care?

Reminds me of that joke about the guy caught in the flood...He's sitting on the roof of his house, with the water steadily rising; somebody comes by in a boat, and offers him a ride to safety. He says, "no, I have faith in god, he will save me." The water's up to his neck by the time a second boat comes by and offers help. Again, he refuses, saying that he has faith that god would save him. Eventually, he's treading water, and a helicopter shows up and tosses down a ladder. Once again, he refuses. He has faith that god will save him.

Well, he drowns.

He got to heaven, and asked god: "I had faith in you, Lord. Why didn't you save me?"

God replied: "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more do you want?"

I've noticed that when these people are convicted of child abuse or murder, that their sentences are overturned or they're given probation. If they weren't members of these religious-nut cults, would they still be given a pass?

I mean, freedom to practice your religion is one thing. When that freedom begins killing people, I think it's time to draw the line.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote