The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
Snakeadelic
Banned

Anyone want to swap?

My sweetie got, among other things, the complete Harry Potter movie set for Christmas.

On Blu-Ray.

Our DVD player is not Blu-Ray capable. The (dead) DVD player in our tv was also not Blu-Ray capable. Amazon, for whatever reason, isn't interested in letting him swap it out for DVD. And there's no way we're in a position to afford a Blu-Ray player (or have any idea how to integrate one into our low-end entertainment system).

If any Cellerites have, or know anyone who has, a powerful desire to have the entire Harry Potter set (still in sealed plastic) and would be willing to swap it out for a DVD set, I'm gonna set this post to 'email notify of replies' so just pop a post on here! We love HP and just finished watching all 8 movies courtesy of some old homeburns and Netflix. We'd really love a proper set!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm checking on that, OK.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

My bud uses his PS3 for Blu-Rays.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Snakeadelic
Banned

We don't have anything more advanced than a PS2 because neither of us is a damn bit of good at video games.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

It's definitely not the set which also has the DVD version in it? I think all of our Blu Rays came with DVDs too -often there was no extra cost, although I see that the HP box set is more expensive with both
Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
Snakeadelic
Banned

According to my sweetie, the reason he didn't take off the shrink-wrap is there is absolutely no mention anywhere on the outside of there being DVDs, and the jewel boxes are all Blu-Ray size. I can photo the set if that would help.

Tags
harrypotter, hogwarts, muggle, potter