The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #31
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Who cares. It's a non-issue. Unless you are Beck or obsessed with him. The guy is pretty much a bombast.
No, but my parents are obsessed with him/limbaugh/ect, which is annoying enough as it is, but then they pass these beliefs to my nanny. Which then scares her into believing shit like the death panels. She's getting older and even my mom admits that she doesn't have the same reasoning ability that she used to. It pisses me off that instead of trying to be moderate and factual, they just want to rant and rave about what they hear on these obviously biased programs. They don't have any balancing to it at all. All they're doing is scaring people, people like my nanny who should be spending her remaining years relaxing.
For fucks sake! My nanny's best friend just died in July from breast cancer. She was too young for medicare, too rich for medicaid, and too poor for insurance, therefor she had not had a breast cancer exam ever until something major happened and she had to go to the hospital. It was too late to save her life. Despite this, the lack of health care basically killing her best friend, my nanny is scared of universal health care because she thinks it would equal death panels.

Yes the assholes matter to me.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #32
Griff
still says videotape

Well said mtp.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #33
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
No, but my parents are obsessed with him/limbaugh/ect, which is annoying enough as it is, but then they pass these beliefs to my nanny. Which then scares her into believing shit like the death panels. She's getting older and even my mom admits that she doesn't have the same reasoning ability that she used to. It pisses me off that instead of trying to be moderate and factual, they just want to rant and rave about what they hear on these obviously biased programs. They don't have any balancing to it at all. All they're doing is scaring people, people like my nanny who should be spending her remaining years relaxing.
For fucks sake! My nanny's best friend just died in July from breast cancer. She was too young for medicare, too rich for medicaid, and too poor for insurance, therefor she had not had a breast cancer exam ever until something major happened and she had to go to the hospital. It was too late to save her life. Despite this, the lack of health care basically killing her best friend, my nanny is scared of universal health care because she thinks it would equal death panels.

Yes the assholes matter to me.
Sorry about your Nanny's best friend. But I don't think it has anything to do with bombastic mouth pieces. People are going to believe what they are going to believe. Hell the Dems have been selling snake oil for 18 months and people have believed it. Whatever...