The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
Basically, I have no soul.
So....how long have you been in engineering management?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
A friend of mine that recently got a job with local government was warned to not have any alcoholic drinks 48 hours prior to his drug test. Yes, they flagged for it and it was a determining factor in employment that screwed over several other people before him that decided to celebrate getting the job after the offer letter was mailed out.
How can they deny you work for doing something that is legal, and you aren't doing at work?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #18
afrayedknot
Disorderly Disciplinarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
How can they deny you work for doing something that is legal, and you aren't doing at work?
I have had to take several blood tests to be employed at hospitals. They tell you that they are checking for vaccination titers, but I have a feeling they are also checking for hiv and hep c without your knowledge or consent. This could be just the conspiracy theorist coming out in me. I would love to know from an "insider" whether this is really taking place.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have never had to take any blood tests for employment, although I probably should have my HepB titer checked.

The only time they ask for drug tests here is when a staff member is suspected of being "impaired" while working, like the time we had a nurse pass out and immediately respond to an opiate antagonist.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #20
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang
So....how long have you been in engineering management?
Quality control... actually, for an insurance company... and a professional actor.:p
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #21
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

quit acting like a QC...heehee.....
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #22
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I've done the test with the 500+ T/F questions. That one is scary accurate.
Say, wolf, I'd like to know more about that test. Do you have any follow on links for example? I took one like that once, but the results were not shared with me. I think it would be a *marvelous* tool for self examination. I would really appreciate any further information you have about tracking down a such a test. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's called the MMPI-2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Profile, 2nd ed.). I haven't had a copy of the test since gradual school, unfortunately. It tests for some serious pathology, as well as determines whether you're lying to make yourself look good or bad. Even though it's a fill in the circle scansheet, and a big printout pops out of the scoring computer, it has to be administered and interpreted by a psychologist. It's about the $$.

The usual 'personality typing' tests are called "Myers-Briggs" or "Jung" Type tests.

Here are some to get you started.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #24
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Say, wolf, I'd like to know more about that test. Do you have any follow on links for example? I took one like that once, but the results were not shared with me. I think it would be a *marvelous* tool for self examination. I would really appreciate any further information you have about tracking down a such a test. Thanks in advance.
I have your results:
You enjoy spending time in an on-line community. You are relatively happy with your life, although you get really pissed off at government overstepping its authority. You will meet new and interesting people.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

I've taken this type of test for fun once...when the place I work was "trying it on for size". The next thing I know, when I wanted to move up a position, I was taking the test for real only with a different set of questions. One of the questions they actually had the inclination to ask was, "If you were at a party, and everyone left, would you help clean up?" My response was "depends on how good the party was." Nevertheless, I didn't get the position...with hindsight, as it always is, I am glad that I didn't.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #26
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
... and a professional actor.:p
So....do you act as if you have no soul or does it come naturally?

I'll need to know this and many other things before I can hire you. Have your titers ready for inspection too, while we're at it.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #27
rkzenrage

I have no soul... I act as if I do. You can look but touching will cost you a trip to the Caymans.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #28
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Just for touching?!?!?!?! Gosh, I can touch myself for free, and enjoy it just as much.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #29
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Well, then how about a peek?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #30
rkzenrage

I think I need to make a call....