The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #31
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
V, now let's try a little correction of your misstatements. Were those commentators libelous, they'd get sued for it.
Wrong. Being sued is not a prequisite for libel.

Quote:
Since I'm not as stupid as you hope, best you consider why somebody as bright as I am whether you like it or not would trust them over you. Come on, BigV; you're "some guy on the Internet." It takes wise posting to hurdle that bar. Yes, I know not all one's postings are equally wise, but I am always willing to give a guy a fair shake.
You're saying it takes "wise postings" to "hurdle the bar" of "considering why somebody as bright as you...trusts them over me"? Did I scan that right? Or are you saying that as just "some guy on the internet" I don't have the standing to identify libelous, defamatory, malicious remarks when I hear them? Or did you get crossed up in another one of your long-ass sentences and just fail to stick the landing? It doesn't really matter. You're really only making another one of your repetitve, monotonous, windbaggy insults--more garbage I refuse to take in.

UG, I do not accept you as my pupil. You do not posess the proper attitude. If you learn anything from me, it is to your credit and you'll be better for it, but I decline to take responsibility to teach you the error of your ways. Should your attitude and your ability to think clearly improve, you may petition again. In the meantime, you have a LOT of work to do and I leave you to it.

Quote:
--snip--Time for you to quit ingesting garbage, I should think.
As easy as

Abra

Cadabra.
Attached Images

Last edited by BigV; 10-03-2005 at 03:45 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #32
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

when Delay was the rep. for Sugarland he did get a radar installed for the tower at the Sugarland Airport. it was very badly needed. one time i almost had a head on collision in the traffic pattern due to controller error. that other plan and i missed each other by a matter of probably 20 yards. a very close distance when your talking opposing traffic. anyway i'd heard that people in the area were petitioning for radar to be installed in the tower. i called and put my two cents in and i guess enough people had called/written that they scavanged a radar from an old tower someplace else that was being replace with newer better stuff. hand me down or not, it serves it's purpose for the Sugarland tower air environment.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sure....he's always willing to do something for you rich people.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #34
SCHUNE
OLD MAN ON THE HILL

TOM SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN GARBAGE COLLECTION.
SCHUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #35
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Sure....he's always willing to do something for you rich people.
yeah, i'm not rich, i just have an expensive rediculous hobby!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #36
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Delay's second indictment in a week. Serious stuff. Money laundering is a class one felony, with life in prison as the upper end of the penalty range.

The whole I give the RNC $190,000 and a list of names the RNC gives $190,000 to the names on the list is just a liitle... tidy. If true, I think money laundering is the right charge.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #37
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

The money laundering happened. There's no question of that. The case will be about DeLay's involvement, and how much involvement they can prove.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #38
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Wrong. Being sued is not a prequisite for libel.

You're saying it takes "wise postings" to "hurdle the bar" of "considering why somebody as bright as you...trusts them over me"? Did I scan that right? Or are you saying that as just "some guy on the internet" I don't have the standing to identify libelous, defamatory, malicious remarks when I hear them? Or did you get crossed up in another one of your long-ass sentences and just fail to stick the landing? It doesn't really matter. You're really only making another one of your repetitve, monotonous, windbaggy insults--more garbage I refuse to take in.

UG, I do not accept you as my pupil. You do not posess the proper attitude. If you learn anything from me, it is to your credit and you'll be better for it, but I decline to take responsibility to teach you the error of your ways. Should your attitude and your ability to think clearly improve, you may petition again. In the meantime, you have a LOT of work to do and I leave you to it.

As easy as

Abra

Cadabra.

Cellar Greatest Hits nomination