The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Shout Out

Sometimes the people here are amazing.

here's an example: Lola Bunny sent me a HUGE bottle of glucosamine chondroitine after my moaning about advil and etc.

She did this around Christmastime and I'm feeling much better already.

thank you Lola Bunny. that was so very kind of you.

others have done similar things and i want to thank you all---all the books and hats and sox and goodies I got while I had CA; the encouragement I get here; xoxoxobruce is in his own category of support and love and I see limey sent Sundae some milk thistle.

we may be fucked up sometimes; but we are pretty good and awesome people.

Even UT
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

When I was really on my uppers in London, a Dwellar sent me his usual monthly Cellar contribution. This was agreed with Tony beforehand. I spent it on sensible things like bedding and detergent and it got me out of a hole I'd already started digging for myself.

At a time I couldn't ask my family for anything, the Cellar was my family. This has continued in many kindnesses and care offered me. I only made it to Glasgow this year - which became the springboard for my sobriety - because of financial assistance from the Cellar. Grace will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt (emotionally of course.)

Even though now I am feeling the cold, Winter to me will always evoke the pleasure of pantomime. Routine but special. Ubiquitous but precious. And two steadfast friends who value my company.

And the books I have received. I count them equal to the books I have been recommended, but I know they've cost cold hard cash to ship to me. All of them have a draw. I've never yet read a Dwellar book and secretly thought *Hmmm, a bit shit*

And basically anyone who has sent me anything at any time. I bemoan my poverty far too much, but in spite of that people have been so kind over the years. I know the value of receiving prizes out of the blue. My belief system rejects being touched by an angel or feeling blessed, but I do believe I've fallen into an underworld habitation full of some of the kindest people alive.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby
xoxoxobruce is in his own category of support and love
He is, isn't he? That new lady friend of his is damn lucky indeed. I'm sure he'd say it's the other way around, but we know better.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

xoB (among many other friends here) sets a very good example (and a high bar) for me. Thanks xoB.