The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #31
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Fwb is a lie.
Only if one or both of you is lying.

To one another or each to themselves.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It fucking kills me to hear/read a woman say "I can't find a man.".

JFC.

If you are a woman, I don't care if you're still carrying the hatchet you killed your last bf with, weigh 750 lbs, are literally covered in genital warts, ooze puss instead of sweat, and have the teeth of a syphilitic camel, all you gotta do is stand on a corner for fifteen minutes (you won't even need a sign) and there will be a line of motherfuckers waiting to make you their fucking queen.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah. The sentence maybe should continue: I can't find a man I want
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #34
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I don't think that's true grav. If every man I'd ever dated had wanted to make me their 'queen', I'd have stopped at the first one. Unfortunately, it's not the case. Just like every woman doesn't treat her man right. Anyway, it'd be nice if it were just as easy as saying, "I want someone to love and be loved in return", but we all know it doesn't work that way. It doesn't even work that way with animals. Most of them are choosy too.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #35
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Only if one or both of you is lying.

To one another or each to themselves.
Perhaps it's a matter of definitions. To one person, fwb may mean friends, actual friends who care about whether the other one is alive, or sick, or dead, and who can have affectionate good times without doing the Romeo & Juliet thing. To another, fwb could mean a 90-minute booty call every few weeks with zero contact in between. I suppose defining terms at the start is helpful.

Btw, Grav, I know men think that women only have to show up ... but somehow it doesn't work out that way. I have given up attempting to comprehend male/female relationships, however. Wiser and more experienced folks' opinions are worth far more than mine.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

Grav, as a woman who's been overweight her whole life I ca tell you categorically that ... that's simply not true. There were times in the late 90's early 00s when it would have been nice to simply go to the bar and pick up something just for a quick bit of fun...

doesn't happen

even trolls want a supermodel, and if they can't have that they want the next closest thing.... simply getting laid when you're a larger woman isn't as easy as some like to think
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #37
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Amen sister.
The bigger I got the more invisible I became.
I was the elephant in the living room.

I think that's why I got hooked on the Cellar.
Because if I was ignored, or citicised or just plain smacked down it was because of my mind, my opinion, my mistakes (I've had a few) not because of how I looked.

I could probably get a man now by standing on a street corner. On this estate, on a main road it might take more than 15 minutes just because of the speed of the traffic.
But will he look at me as if I'm an alien when I complain about greengrocers' apostrophes?

Will he enojy my little games like Guess the Advert or Who Can Get the Closest to the Cost of the Shopping (me, always me - rubbish with money and sums but just too many years of counting every penny - if I won £1m tomorrow I'd still be be able to guess within a fiver how much I'd spent in the supermarket). Or see the significance in the number 143?

Treating me like a Queen would be wonderful. Although I'd prefer to be treated like a courtesan.
And I would do what I could to treat him like a King in return. Except the bit about occasional beheadings.

But if he don't get my quirks it's going to get old very soon.
Because I want to get his quirks too; to me that lasts longer than bouncy boobies and not being afraid to swallow.

Still, I can hardly claim to be a role model in this aspect.
I'm the resident crone now we've lost Bri.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #38
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I know a woman who is under five feet, and over three hundred pounds, and has a mole the size of a green pea on the side of her face.

I have never known this woman to be without a man. Ever. I've known her for ~25 yrs. (3 men, total, btw)

Maybe she settles, but, she ain't alone.

I do hear what you're saying, though, ladies, really I do.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

...Might I suggest Kegel exercises?...

Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #40
glatt

It's outside of my area of personal knowledge, but I heard a piece on NPR a few months back about a couple that decided they were going to take a break from one another to be sure they really loved each other (whatever) and they went to bars to hook up with strangers for casual sex. They said that what they learned from the experience is that anyone can go to a bar and if they stay until closing time, they are basically guaranteed to have sex. Because that's what everyone else there is doing too. And everyone there is dramatically lowering their standards, but if you want sex, you just have to stay until closing time and you can get it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #41
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The way drinks are priced these days, whores are cheaper. And the risks are about the same.

Try the new and improved drug resistant gonorrhea.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

So...back on topic. Details are yet to be worked out but I'm supposed to have a date this weekend. I'm trying not to get worked up about it in case it falls through.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #43
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
The way drinks are priced these days, whores are cheaper. And the risks are about the same.

Try the new and improved drug resistant gonorrhea.
Dude, you don't show up when the bar opens, you show up just before last call, and use the $ you saved to buy jimmy hats