The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Madeira Beach, Fl

Leaving on Friday with my family. Will be there for about a week. Planning on seeing family that lives there, have a condo by the beach. I want to go para sailing, possibly rent a waverunner, go on a short sightseeing cruise (with complimentary drinks), and possibly go to the Big Cat Rescue. This all hinges on at least part of the family wanting to do the same...

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Can't help (obvously). Just don't like to see a request unanswered.
As I advised Smooth - check TripAdvisor.com. I've only used in in Europe, but there are plenty of American posters. I'm sure there must be suggestions on there. The good thing about it is you can sort by positive or negatice reviews, by price, by approval rating, by date of review etc.

Top 10 Attractions (from above website)
Old 06-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
As I advised Smooth - check TripAdvisor.com.
and Lonely Planet Thorntree.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Definately check out John's Pass. John's Pass Village
If you have a way to travel, go north (14 miles) to my beach (Clearwater Beach) and check out the Pier sunset celebration and Movies on the Beach (Fri and Sat nite). Sunsets at Pier 60

Either place should have sightseeing cruises, snorkeling and scuba trips, as well as parasailing.

Also, if you have a way to travel, recommend a trip to Fort De Soto (maybe 10 miles south of Mad Bch). It is a very beautiful park and interesting fort. Ft. De Soto

I haven't lived on Madeira Beach for many years, and the restaurants have changed a lot, so I can't recommend there.

Enjoy! This is beautiful weather for the beach...bring plenty sunscreen...it's hot!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Sorry, been busy! Ended up I shouldn't have even bothered asking for advise from y'all since no one listened to me really. Did go on an evening cruise (someone else chose). Rented a boat and went out today. Went to the sunken garden, going to pier 60 tonight. We haven't hit up st johns yet, we usually do tho and don't have any major plans tomorrow. Grandma has been having a decent week so it's been good visiting her. Our condo Is right on the beach, it's so awesome. Oh and snow balls in treasure island on gulf blvd....best stuff ever! Sooo much better than snow cones you get everywhere else.