The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #271
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I wonder if her grandchildren threw all that meat in the trash because they'd rather just go to Subway?
The closest Subway is 7.8 mi. to the southeast. The next closest is 18.5 mi. southwest. Seems traveling there enough times to offset the amount of venison reaped would get kind of expensive.

OTOH, if the grandkids did go to Subway and she hitched a ride with 'em, she could probably get a senior citizens discount for some cheap eats.

Six of one, half dozen of the other I suppose.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #272
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The closest Subway is 7.8 mi. to the southeast. The next closest is 18.5 mi. southwest. Seems traveling there enough times to offset the amount of venison reaped would get kind of expensive.
Not the point. Buying furniture instead of taking Grandma's free antiques, buying new fashions instead of reusing Grandpa's perfectly good flannel work shirts, buying Smuckers when Grandma makes jars and jars of that rhubarb shit for you every Christmas... It's certainly possible that her grandkids appreciate random 50-pound meat deliveries that they need a second freezer just to store, what do I know? Plenty of people live that way. But my experience, in general, is that the grandkids are too polite to tell Grandma her obligations-masquerading-as-gifts are wasted on people who make enough money to buy their own food.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #273
sexobon

It was a windfall, a twofer, a fluke and if the grandkids didn't want it all, I'm sure there would have been others who would. Regifting isn't limited to people who make enough money to buy their own food. Perhaps some federal employees live in the area!

Fact is, I know well off people who pool their money to buy large quantities of meat with each contributing towards the amount they have place to store be it a separate freezer; or, refrigerator freezer. Wise spending habits are part of how they became well off and remain so.

But that's not the point. I was mostly pulling your leg; 'cause, you've got the kind of *legs I like.

* [NSFW] feet on one end and couter on the other

Last edited by sexobon; 01-20-2019 at 01:08 PM. Reason: keep on editing my spelling, jack
Old 01-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #274
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I sold several veal caves and hogs to multiple people. They agreed among themselves who got what for how much before I took the animal to the slaughterhouse.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #275
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
I wonder if her grandchildren threw all that meat in the trash because they'd rather just go to Subway?
That's be a pretty rotten piece of shit to accept it and then throw it away.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #276
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
obligations-masquerading-as-gifts

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #277
sexobon

Meanwhile in Illinois...

Vewy vewy wesilient wittle old wabbit.

Quote:
Name:  Old Mick.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  34.4 KB
Mick, an Illinois rabbit who celebrated his 16th birthday in February, has been declared the world's oldest rabbit by Guinness. Photo courtesy Guinness World Records

March 8 (UPI) … Mick, an agouti rabbit from Berwyn, Ill., marked his 16th birthday on Feb. 9, and Guinness said that milestone made him the world's oldest rabbit (living). …

… The oldest rabbit ever is listed by Guinness as Flopsy, a wild-born Australian rabbit that was taken in by a Tasmania resident in 1964 and lived for nearly 19 more years.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #278
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That rabbit has survived many a Rabbit Pie Day.

Long may you run. rabbit run rabbit run run run

Old 03-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #279
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How do we know it's old, maybe it's just drugged.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #280
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
How do we know it's old, maybe it's just drugged.
It saw its shadow. What does that mean?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #281
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It means a light was shining on it.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #282
sexobon

Name:  Rabbit Shadow.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  33.0 KB
Old 04-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #283
sexobon

Meanwhile in Las Cruces, New Mexico

Looks like it's time for this Sanctuary; ahem, Welcoming City to put its money where its mouth is.

Quote:
Migrants dropped off in New Mexico; city asks for donations

LAS CRUCES, N.M. — Border Patrol agents dropped off asylum-seeking migrants in New Mexico's second most populous city for the second day in a row Saturday, prompting Las Cruces city officials to appeal for donations of food and personal hygiene items and a state medical program to seek volunteers to provide health assessments of migrants. …

… The statement said 83 migrants arrived Saturday, following about 95 who were dropped off by the Border Patrol on Friday …

''' City spokesman Udell Vigil said Saturday that migrants could be arriving "for the next several days." …

… The statement said needed items included utensils, napkins, paper plates, sanitary napkins, shampoo, clothing, towels, blankets, canned food, bottled water, foam padding for bedding and stuffed toys. ...
Soon to be heard again in Las Cruces:

Now you can say goodbye to frizz.
Live Life. Stay Free.
Got milk?
Where's the beef?
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
L'eggo my Eggo!
Old 04-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #284
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think TW has hacked someone's account...

Old 04-28-2019, 04:09 PM   #285
sexobon

Meanwhile in the USA...

This makes it sound like visiting places that are no fun have become a thing now.

Name:  Fun free.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  61.6 KB