The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 10-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Your own personal Ban Hammer

BigV makes a very good point. If anyone, new or old, is finding the posts of an individual trying or offensive, you can add them to your own "ignore" list and never see their irritating or offensive posts ever again.
It is a very useful tool and may help to calm things down a bit.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

That has limitations. It doesn't work for registered users unless they're logged in and many log in only to post. It doesn't stop lurkers from believing that disinformation, going unchallenged by dwellars who have it on ignore, is sanctioned by the Cellar as a whole which can alienate lurkers and curtail new memberships. It's really only serves the whole community well by preventing spats over simple dislikes and time wasters. YMMV.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
And it will show up as quoted posts in another user's replies.

What I'd like is a way to tag Lazarus threads so I don't open them up and start reading only to discover that the thread is 10 years old and Dude or Jaminhealth has decided to reply to a user who is no longer active.
Maybe if there was a way to archive them so they could be read but not replied to.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

Doesn't really matter any more anyway as SpamJamThankUmam so gleefully points out. Repeatedly. And she's done all the damage she can. Right? right? I mean, can you sink lower than dragging up a misery thread started by someone when they had recently lost their partner of 30 years and telling them to be thankful they're not in Syria? Oh and that they could and should have saved their loved one with basilisk oil? Oh wait, yes you probably can when you have extended your life Voldemort style and then realize you have nothing to do with all that time....

What?
Old 10-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Doesn't really matter any more anyway as SpamJamThankUmam so gleefully points out. Repeatedly. And she's done all the damage she can. Right? right? I mean, can you sink lower than dragging up a misery thread started by someone when they had recently lost their partner of 30 years and telling them to be thankful they're not in Syria? Oh and that they could and should have saved their loved one with basilisk oil? Oh wait, yes you probably can when you have extended your life Voldemort style and then realize you have nothing to do with all that time....

What?
CAN WE GET A WITNESS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Wow. I really have missed a metric fuckton of stuff haven't I?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

In American English, we would say a metric Fton of stuff.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
In American English, we would say a metric Fton of stuff.
And if we're not being vulgar we'd say a metric Fton of st*ff. But then again, we might not. At 82/1.366 my memory ain't as good as it used to be.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #9
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
a metric Fton of st*ff.
that sounds quite fun, if only I could remember what to do with it. I'm 82/1.64, you know....

Old 10-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #10
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
that sounds quite fun, if only I could remember what to do with it. I'm 82/1.64, you know....

That was marvelously disturbing.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:

What?
Quote:
CAN WE GET A WITNESS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
AMEN, BROTHER AND SISTER!!!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #12
monster

Quote:
That was marvelously disturbing.
When Spitting Image was on air originally, The Queen Mum used to regularly pop and say "I'm 92 you know!" Which has now irreversibly changed to a similar number in my head, but this was the only clip I could find on youtube of her on that "meme"

I miss it. Whilst looking for this, I found some of the recent revival which I had been so excited about because the outgoing imPOTUS lends himself so well to the genre..... but I found his character quite lame I get that it's hard to pick a trait and exaggerate it even further but.... nothing like Thatcher, Major and Tebbit. and the vegetables....