The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-22-2019, 12:03 AM   #331
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Wade for it......

No, really. Wade for it.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:04 AM   #332
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

J/K

That's def a real river.. Ya better swim. Or risk the wreckage of the bridge.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #333
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Luckily, they were carrying a trainload of water wings and styrofoam coolers...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:16 AM   #334
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Meanwhile in the USA...

Do you have the right stuff to become a space cadet?

Quote:
Name:  Space Force.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  68.1 KB

The first Space Force uniforms have reached the Pentagon, and people are making fun of the camouflage print

The United States Space Force debuted the first ever uniforms for members of the newly created unit. …

A tweet sent from the official Space Force account pictured the camouflage uniform with the "U.S. Space Force" nameplate and "United States Space Command" patch.

Twitter users immediately began to poke fun at the uniform's print, questioning why space troops wouldn't wear black uniforms if they wanted to blend into their surroundings. ...

… However, others pointed out that there are no immediate plans to put space troops in space, so the uniforms will be worn by people still on Earth - and camouflage doesn't have to serve an actual camouflaging purpose, it has just became the traditional print for US military members. ...
Their uniforms should be pink 'cause pink is the new black.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #335
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Please to note that Twitter opinions are the entire source and raison d'etre of this "news article".

Please also to note that New Media Journalists are angry as hell that they are being laid off because nobody is clicking on their lazy-ass shit.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #336
sexobon

That uniform has a four star general's rank on it and they're stickin' it to the man.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #337
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm patiently waiting for someone in the Space Force with the last name of Tom to attain the rank of Major...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #338
sexobon

Send a FOIA request to ground control so they'll notify you.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #339
sexobon

Say no more...

Name:  Uh-huh.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  21.5 KBName:  Yep.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  36.3 KB
Old 01-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #340
Griff
still says videotape

I assume the Roddenberry estate gets paid.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #341
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I don't mind that it looks like the Starfleet logo. Did you see some of the early designs they were considering? Derivative or not, at least this one doesn't look like crap.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #342
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I don't mind that it looks like the Starfleet logo. Did you see some of the early designs they were considering? Derivative or not, at least this one doesn't look like crap.
Nothing says "Starfleet Values" like killer satellites.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #343
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
Nothing says "Starfleet Values" like killer satellites.
Logo will show a satellite with a big toothy shark smile.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #344
sexobon

Meanwhile in Utah...

Awwwwww.

Quote:
Utah mom called 911 when she was desperate for baby formula. Police delivered it

… A Utah mother desperate to feed her six-week-old baby in the middle of the night phoned 911 for assistance - and the police department said it was exactly the right call.

Shannon Bird told USA Today she was at her wits' end around 2 a.m. on January 28 and didn't know where else to turn.

She told the newspaper she was unable to breastfeed, was fresh out of the milk she usually kept stored in her freezer, she had five children at home, and her husband was out of town.

Bird said she was unwell and didn't feel able to load all five children into her car, and none of her neighbors answered her calls for help. So she dialed 911.

"I don't even know what to do. This is so stupid … I can't make any milk for her right now, and I have no formula, and I have no idea how I can get formula to her," Bird told the 911 dispatcher, asking if an officer could come to the house and mind her children while she went to the store for formula.

"My milk just literally dried out," she said on the call. "This is my fifth kid and this has never happened."

But officers were soon dispatched to Bird's home carrying a gallon of cow's milk from the store, according to CNN. When Bird told them she needed baby formula instead, they returned to the store and delivered it to her - refusing to allow Bird to repay them.

"I was just glad to be able to help," Officer Brett Wagstaff told Inside Edition.

"They went above and beyond and helped me when I was most in need," Bird told CNN.

The Lone Peak Police Department told USA Today in a statement that Bird made the right call. "If someone feels they are having an emergency or need police assistance then call us," the statement said.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #345
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Around here they would have told her to eat shit and die.