Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #886
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I've been graduated to the recliner.

Baby steps, I reckon.

I'm driving to the river this afternoon. Slowly, and as smoothly as I can. GOTTA get outta this house!

He didn't say which reclining seat, now that I think about it...
Whatever fate has befallen you, Mr G?

Perhaps you've already said and I've missed your post.

I fully understand that you might not wish to elaborate so, if that should be the case, my apologies.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #887
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Whatever fate has befallen you, Mr G?

Perhaps you've already said and I've missed your post.

I fully understand that you might not wish to elaborate so, if that should be the case, my apologies.
No apologies needed, Kind Carruthers.

I'm just a little reticent in discussing medical/personal matters. I may discuss it at some point in the future.

It's looking like 2019 may be repeating itself, in part anyway. 2019 was NOT kind to the ol' Gravdigr. I've been to more doctors since early 2019 than in my previous 50 years combined.

Srsly.

ETA: Cabin fever is receiving top priority, atm. I mean, I love these ppl and all, but, we need a break from each other.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #888
monster
I hear them call the tide

Glad you can still make it here...
Old 02-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #889
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, I'll be annoying you ppl for a while yet...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #890
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Like the rest of us, it depends on the fickle finger of fate.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #891
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Thanks for the confidence.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:43 PM   #892
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The 'rents are watching Bob Hearts Abishola, and Marilu Henner is on there.

She's 67 yrs old.

Damn. I mean, DAYUM!!

She's still smokin' hot.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #893
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

She was being raised about 3 miles from where I was being raised up until I was 11 years old. Even if I had met her back then; however, I wouldn't have had a chance with her. The 3 year age difference at that stage of life would've done me in.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #894
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

But she would have remembered what day you met

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:15 PM   #895
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm sympathetic to Gravdigr here; 2019 and early 2020 was a rough year for my own health -- major surgery and appreciable period of rehab. Way more X-rays the last sixty-eighty days than the whole rest of my life put together, along with the odd ultrasound, angiogram, and MRIs of everything short of my head. Whee. Followup appointment with my heart surgeon tomorrow a.m. That end of things actually looks pretty good from here, I hope.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #896
Urbane Guerrilla

Where The HELL Is Carmen Sandiego?

Who can limn the leopards' God?
Old 03-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #897
monster
I hear them call the tide

I would love America to be great. I just think maybe I have a different definition of my great. In my great, America would be a country where you didn't need to be rich to get good healthcare and good education or afford healthy food, a country where those who are "differently talented" can still work an honest 40 hours in one job and make enough to live on. I'm fine with people being rich. I'm fine with wealth buying fancy houses, vacations, fast cars, meals in restaurants, luxury private rooms in hospitals, golden unicorns to piss on you to realign your chakras..... These are not life necessities, I'm ok with poorer people going without them. But when those who need help with their mental health are homeless and hungry and families have two parents working 2 or 3 part time jobs each to try and keep their family afloat but end up with no time to cook healthy meals even if they could afford the ingredients or eat together as a family ...the country they are in is not great. I'm not ok with that.

I know this is kind of political, but I'm not meaning/wanting to start a debate about it. I know it's naively stated and idealistic. I just wanted to say it because it's bugging the fuck out of me.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #898
fargon

^^^What Monster Said^^^
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #899
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I would love America to be great. I just think maybe I have a different definition of my great. In my great, America would be a country where you didn't need to be rich to get good healthcare and good education or afford healthy food, a country where those who are "differently talented" can still work an honest 40 hours in one job and make enough to live on. I'm fine with people being rich. I'm fine with wealth buying fancy houses, vacations, fast cars, meals in restaurants, luxury private rooms in hospitals, golden unicorns to piss on you to realign your chakras..... These are not life necessities, I'm ok with poorer people going without them. But when those who need help with their mental health are homeless and hungry and families have two parents working 2 or 3 part time jobs each to try and keep their family afloat but end up with no time to cook healthy meals even if they could afford the ingredients or eat together as a family ...the country they are in is not great. I'm not ok with that.

I know this is kind of political, but I'm not meaning/wanting to start a debate about it. I know it's naively stated and idealistic. I just wanted to say it because it's bugging the fuck out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
^^^What Monster Said^^^
fargon said it first, but I'm saying it again.

When we have more than we need, we shouldn't build a higher wall, we should build a bigger table. #postercaptionindiningroom
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #900
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sounds like a good goal to me. Everyone has a home to go to at night where they can sleep safely without hunger or sickness. A first world country.

Of course in a free country there will always be some who won't want that and if forced it's no longer a free country, but it sure would be nice if they were offered the choice.