The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #661
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Wolf loves the javajig and it loves she...
Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #662
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The catacombo sound system

Spotify in your casket.
Quote:
Employs a pair of 2-way speakers, divine tweeters with external cooling and one hell-of-a 8-inch subwoofer - fine-tuned to the coffin’s unique interior acoustic space.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #663
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I can't remember if I knew about these, or not.

It may be one of those things I 'became unaware of'.

Name:  24kgoldrollingpapers.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  76.1 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #664
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They tear really easily.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #665
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I had flavored papers with colorful pot leaves printed on them. Ingesting gold is not advisable. That shit will plate to your lungs worse than tars. Expensive way to get COPD!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #666
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They tear really easily.
Are they depressed?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #667
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I had flavored papers with colorful pot leaves printed on them.
Yeah, they went around here for a while. I'm thinking mainly of the ones with cherries on them (also blueberry, of course), they reminded us of firecrackers from my early youth. For a time we would say to one another "Spin us a firecracker, Bill.", or "Break out one of those firecrackers!".

Old 03-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #668
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Meh...no.

Name:  cellpill.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  35.4 KB

Old 04-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #669
glatt

Microfiber towels.

I had heard recently about these "microfiber towels" but didn't know what the big deal was. We have nice fluffy 100% cotton bath towels and like them. But I had a camping trip this past weekend, and there was a forecast for heavy unrelenting rain, and somebody suggested getting some microfiber towels.

So I went to Bed Bath and Beyond on a lunch hour last week and picked up a hand towel sized microfiber towel sold under the "Real Simple" brand name. It was 85% polyester and 15% polyamide, and had a thin terry cloth texture. As I held it in my hands, it snagged on my dry skin all over. That's how fine the fibers were.

So I went camping, and the rain stayed away until abut 6PM Saturday night, but then it was a steady heavy rain after that. I had good rain gear, and was out in the rain until it was time to go to bed, and then I opened my tent and got inside quickly. Even so, lots of water came inside with me, so I quickly pushed my sleeping bag and pad over to the other side of the tent as I peeled off my outer layers and made a big puddle on the floor.

It was a lot of water in a small tent. Enough to soak everything if I didn't take care of it. So I got out my new microfiber hand towel and mopped it all up. Then I took the hand towel and dried off my raincoat, both inside and out and folded it up neatly and put it away. I had already taken off my boots and and they had drained onto the floor, I mopped up that puddle. Then off came my rain pants. And I dried those off with the towel, turned them inside out, and dried them on the inside. And I folded them up and put them away. I mopped up stray water droplets that had gone everywhere.

Looking around, I couldn't see any evidence of water anywhere inside the tent. None. I draped the somewhat damp towel on the stiff canvas handles of a tote bag to dry, and in the morning, it was still damp. It was supposed to dry quickly, but it was about 35 degrees and raining with no air circulation inside the dark tent, so I'm not surprised.

I highly recommend a microfiber towel for a camping trip.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #670
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then what you bought is better than Shamwow.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #671
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Pitchman what got his ass whooped by a hooker: "It's like a sponge. It's like a towel."

Consumer Reports: "It's like a rag."

Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #672
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

http://www.japantrendshop.com/iphone...ic-p-1346.html
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #673
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

For those who have no privacy even in the shower ... ?
Old 04-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #674
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  stackers.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  93.8 KB

Old 04-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #675
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

fuck yeah!

I'm ready to go camping *right now*!

Product is exceeded in ingenuity by this similar product: