The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Process of becoming an sociopath is to use and control emotions as a tool.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #32
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Emotions should never run our lives.
I agree, but certain emotions, even negative ones, can lead to good decisions.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #33
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
I agree, but certain emotions, even negative ones, can lead to good decisions.
Exactly. One must make decisions based only in logic. At the end, one then examines his conclusion. If he does not like it, then one goes back to redo the logical analysis.

Again, emotions are what children use to make decisions. For an adult, emotion is a tool; must never be justification for a conclusion. But like fear (cited previously) it can provide additional knowledge or caution.

Another example of "emotion to make a judgement": racism - judging someone only upon first impressions. Any first impression must be tempered and constrained by what controls an adult - logical thought. Eventually, even Archie Bunker learned to stop being so emotional (so the series got canceled).
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #34
John Sellers
Banned

One more try to steer this thread back on topic: Craig Wright
Old 05-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #35
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
One more try to steer this thread back on topic:
If I wanted money for a story, that is what I would write for a less credible publication. I guess Playboy did not offer to publish it. Make some empty accusations hoping the more easily brainwashed will believe. It is financially fruitful.

If Craig Wright is an evil tax dodger, then so is Willy Nelson. Both have problems with the tax man. That says nothing about credibility.

If I was Nakamoto, the I would probably also use my favorite publication as one publication. His is probably GQ. So what? Well the author is trying to create suspicion and controversy by even citing that completely irrelevant fact - that he used GQ magazine.

For every point - most all are subjective and speculative - it exists by ignoring a counter point. We don't have an honest writer. We have the prosecutor spinning his story to a jury. And never hear from the defense. OJ is clearly innocent.

BBC was convinced he was Nakamoto. The Economist is mostly certain but did have some unanswered speculations. GQ - well I did not read it and do not know if they have technical abilities necessary to make a judgement.

Wright stopped participating in Bitcoin - as I would expect any founder to eventually do. Especially when controversy and other factors would only increase pressure on him for no benefit. He did what most in his position would do - drop out and and seek privacy.

That article does make one interesting speculation. That Craig Wright was simply a close friend of the actual Bitcoin creator - David Kliemen. But I also tire of accusations that the CIA killed Kennedy. Subjective accusations combined with second hand facts can prove most everything.

So why did Wright out himself? "Your so vain. You probably think this song is about you". Carly Simon eventually admitted who that was. Eventually someone will just fess up - to end wild speculation that is no longer fun and mentally fatiguing.

Change but a few letters and Carly Simon is really Carol King. Let's also create that urban legend.

Newsweek admitted they got it wrong. BBC believes Wright is Nakamoto. Economist also does, but is not as sure. Those are facts.

Curious is why Wright would out himself. Maybe to come back like Steve Jobs to save his baby? Why did the article also not discuss that? Because the author had enough accusations to get paid for his piece. His suspicions are mostly speculation based in statements, second hand, from others. Same reasoning also proved that Saddam had WMDs.

Eventually some of the questions raised by The Economist will be answered - either by fact or by time. This remains an ongoing story alongside Deep Throat.

A second parallel controversy is Bitcoin's future. It must change to grow. How?

BTW, did you know Nixon sent a letter informing me that I finally got on his 'enemies list'. That has been a lifelong ambition. But that is just me being emotional. That letter brought a tear to my eye.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:08 AM   #36
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
... A second parallel controversy is Bitcoin's future. It must change to grow. How? ...
New marketing strategy: Naughty Bits Coins

Sex sells.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #37
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
What a tremendous idea. So many nations waste metals with headshots and memorials. A one dollar bit coin could feature conventional sex. A $10 coin features 69 oral sex. $20 (in the tradition of Andrew Jackson) could feature S&M. The $100 coin would feature bit tits so that the blind could identify it.

Then Bitcoin would create a massive following of numismatists creating more trade throughout the world. After all, isn't sex an international currency (even in the Islamist state where it is also called rape)?
Old 05-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #38
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
But that is just me being emotional.

I thought you didn't respect emotions.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #39
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Data didn't think so ....
Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #40
sexobon

Quote:
Quote:
What a tremendous idea. ...
Why thank you. I can tell you're a man of sophistication and good taste.

I must inform you that naughty bits coins are virtual; so, your bit tits for the blind won't work. The value of one naughty bitscoin [currency symbol "69"] is fixed at the price that Bill Clinton paid for the Grand Reserve Gurkha Cigar that he inserted into Monica Lewinsky's vagina.

This ensures stable valuation unlike precious metal coins (e.g. Islamic gold dinar) which fluctuate with metals market values. After all, who wants coins that are constantly changing in value? They're doomed from the start.

Thus, the value of the basic unit will be small enough for common use like real currency while versatile enough for larger transactions in the form of naughtykilobitscoins (K69), naughtymegabitscoins (M69), naughtygigabitscoins (G69) ... etc.

Of course, they won't be kept in virtual wallets, they'll be kept in virtual condoms for safety.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're a sick bastard.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #42
sexobon

I'm sure there're others who think tw is sophisticated and has good taste.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #43
tw

Quote:
I'm sure there're others who think tw is sophisticated and has good taste.
And some also thought you were trying to be funny.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:57 PM   #44
sexobon

Goodness gracious no. The funnybitscoin will be replacing the Disney Dollar which is to be discontinued tomorrow, Saturday, May 14th, 2016 after being in use since 1987. The funnybitscoins are hush hush, super tippy-top secret; so, don't tell anyone else. Well, you can tell Mickey if you see him.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:22 AM   #45
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're a sick bastard.
Now that's a bit harsh. TW just doesn't place much value on emotions. That doesn't make him a bad person.