The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #76
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Back to the dog. I think we need to get her one of these:

Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #77
freshnesschronic
Professor

Thanks, DanaC for not completely trying to dishevel me.
I hope you've gotten something out of the article I posted and the story I posted, even if you don't agree completely or understand completely, respecting where I come from with my ideas is the most important thing to me.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #78
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Understand completely? How condescending.
Look, we all know most everyone has prejudices, but when you play the racism card you are making a mass accusation. You'll get your ass handed to you for that.

No tolerance for people that practice racism or people that cry racism.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #79
freshnesschronic
Professor

Completely understand my experiences and my world view, that's all. That's why I said
Quote:
respecting where I come from with my ideas is the most important thing to me.
And Bruce, if MLK didn't cry racism....where would we be.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #80
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The question is, do you understand your experiences? An old lady speaks to you and you just stare at her. When she makes the assumtion you can't understand her because you didn't respond, you claim racism. Hmmm.

I remember MLK, I've seen MLK... freshnesschronic, you're no MLK.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #81
freshnesschronic
Professor

And you understand my experiences better than me? I'm disgusted how much people want to disprove anything I say and will rationalize anything that can be used against me. To think her assumption of me not being able to speak English isn't racist is just absurd. I live in America. Why shouldn't she think I speak English? Because I look different from her, a white person? Therefore I don't speak English, that's her assumption right? That assumption isn't racist? Why else would she think I don't speak English, I'm not wearing a t-shirt that says "I don't speak English." The official language of the United States is English, for her to assume I cannot understand because I hesitated in a response is ridiculous. In the last week I have experienced two more encounters of racism. I was profiled in the airport in Tri Cities, TN and was patted down and the whole sha bang a bang. Why? You take a guess. Today me and my friends were playing basketball at the local college. We were all minorities. Some old white guy in a golf cart approaches us and tells us the gym is closed. Yet there was a white guy on the other side of the court shooting by himself. We say "what about him?" The old guy says "he's with me." They never look at each other, I assumed they didn't even know each other. "He's with me?" Sounds a little shady, but with everyone here I bet all these situations of racism can be rationalized right? Jesus why can't anyone see things for what they really are instead of trying skirt the real issue.

Who said I was comparable to MLK, not I! You said you don't tolerate people who cry racism. MLK qualifies as one of those people. Didn't he cry racism? Bah, I have to go to work.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 08-06-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #82
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And it never occurred to you she thought you couldn't speak English because you didn't answer her, just stood there staring at her? There is a fuck of a lot of people in this country that don't speak English, you know.

MLK didn't cry racism, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson cry racism.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #83
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic
In the last week I have experienced two more encounters of racism. I was profiled in the airport in Tri Cities, TN and was patted down and the whole sha bang a bang. Why? You take a guess.
What, are you Arabic now? Guess what dude, I'm a white woman carrying a baby, and I've been patted down and the whole "sha bang a bang" too, multiple times. My baby got patted down, no kidding. Hell, I've been taken into a separate room and had my luggage opened and gone through piece by piece. Oh my God those guys were so totally racist!!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #84
rkzenrage

White privilege, what a joke. I did not get a scholarship I was the most qualified for at Yale (yeah, someone there told me, she was pissed about it), wanna' know why, because I was white.
You might want to check out the percentages of Asians in Ivy League colleges before shooting your pie hole off about "White Privilege".
You also might want to check out the average Asian's yearly income, then yak some.
In fact, look at ANY of the numbers then open your mouth... but, then you might not.
I also had to wait for two people to get a promotion before me that were less educated, had less experience and were less qualified for the position and my boss told me that it was because of their race/sex.
Guess what, people did not respect them and it harms their race... they walked past their office to my cube to get things done right, a shining example of "White Privilege" that... they get the salary and management makes me do the work, Yay whitey!
Asians eat dogs, the French and some Germans eat horses... so what?
It is not prejudice, fact...sure not all but those are the one's who do it.
Not a race issue, it is a cultural issue.
I have no issue with it, if I went to a restaurant an someone told me the dog was the best thing on the menu I would eat it.
It is true, there IS NO difference between a dog and a pig or cow, both make good pets and are both, probably, equally delicious.
People gotta' separate their emotions from their intellect, that includes you and this fucked-up imaginary race thing you have going on.
BTW, Asians, as a minority deserve everything they get, culturally on-average, education is very important and they make sacrifices that most families could not IMAGINE in their wildest dreams to get their kids ahead and the kids do the same to deserve it... that is not racism... it is a cultural norm.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #85
freshnesschronic
Professor

Valid points rk. You weren't persuaded by the article. So be it. It's all good. I still respect you very much. This thread is getting tiresome like Shawnee said, time to kill it.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #86
rkzenrage

No, I was not... the article and website were jokes.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 AM   #87
freshnesschronic
Professor

Again, sorry.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 AM   #88
rkzenrage

Why, you didn't write them?
What is going on here man?
You are acting weird.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #89
freshnesschronic
Professor

Are you kidding me? I couldn't write something like that. Here's the link.
http://lilt.ilstu.edu/gmklass/foi/re..._privilege.htm
What do you mean what is going on? I was just saying sorry the article did nothing for you, it's all good though no biggie. I'm not ramming it down your throat telling you it's doctrine, just some other point of view that I feel is a valid perspective. If you don't then that's your call.
Hey here's another book from my anthro class, this whole time I couldn't remember the phrase "white public space" but I finally did and here's the book. http://www.anthrosource.net/doi/abs/...1998.100.3.680

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 08-07-2007 at 01:21 AM. Reason: white public space
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 AM   #90
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think it's weird that someone goes and takes close up pics of the bitch and her pups but doesn't bother taking the whole lot of them off the little 'island' they're on.

It's just odd.

Tags
animal, dog