The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #16
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
In my humble opinion, the US is controlled by the military industrial complex and petro dollars.
And they, and the rest of the world are controlled by the Bilderberg group
bold mine
Quote:
Activities and goals

The group's original goal of promoting Atlanticism, of strengthening US-European relations and preventing another world war has grown; the Bilderberg Group's theme is to "bolster a consensus around free market Western capitalism and its interests around the globe", according to Andrew Kakabadse.[3] In 2001, Denis Healey, a Bilderberg group founder and, a steering committee member for 30 years, said: "To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair. Those of us in Bilderberg felt we couldn't go on forever fighting one another for nothing and killing people and rendering millions homeless. So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing."[8]
Quote:
Participants

Main article: List of Bilderberg participants
About two thirds of the participants come from Europe and the rest from North America; one third from politics and government and the rest from other fields.[3][27] Historically, attendee lists have been weighted toward bankers, politicians, directors of large businesses[28] and board members from large publicly traded corporations, including IBM, Xerox, Royal Dutch Shell, Nokia and Daimler.[13] Heads of state, including former King Juan Carlos I of Spain and former queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, have attended meetings,[13][29] A source connected to the group told The Daily Telegraph in 2013 that other individuals, whose names are not publicly issued, sometimes turn up "just for the day" at the group's meetings.[30]
ahem.
Bilderberg 2015: Full Attendee List & Agenda
Old 02-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Proponents of Bilderberg conspiracy theories in the United States include individuals and groups such as the John Birch Society, political activist Phyllis Schlafly, writer Jim Tucker, political activist Lyndon LaRouche, radio host Alex Jones, politician Jesse Ventura, and commentator footfootfoot.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #18
glatt

This article was really long, and I started just skimming it after a while, but it spoke to me.

Basically it said that Trump will win the GOP nomination and will beat Hillary but will have a harder time against Sanders.

Trump's tactic is to avoid talking about substance, because he has none. Instead, he says outrageous things that the media will report. He hits below the belt and will make personal attacks that may not be true but that resonate. Hillary has a long list of things that he can use as fodder. And while she patiently takes the time to explain the nuances of why each one isn't true, he scoffs, rolls his eyes, and nails her with the next barb.

Quote:
Her supporters insist that she has already been “tried and tested” against all the attacks that can be thrown at her. But this is not the case; she has never been subjected to the full brunt of attacks that come in a general presidential election. Bernie Sanders has ignored most tabloid dirt, treating it as a sensationalist distraction from real issues (“Enough with the damned emails!”) But for Donald Trump, sensationalist distractions are the whole game. He will attempt to crucify her. And it is very, very likely that he will succeed.

Trump’s political dominance is highly dependent on his idiosyncratic, audacious method of campaigning. He deals almost entirely in amusing, outrageous, below-the-belt personal attacks, and is skilled at turning public discussions away from the issues and toward personalities (He/she’s a “loser,” “phony,” “nervous,” “hypocrite,” “incompetent.”) If Trump does have to speak about the issues, he makes himself sound foolish, because he doesn’t know very much. Thus he requires the media not to ask him difficult questions, and depends on his opponents’ having personal weaknesses and scandals that he can merrily, mercilessly exploit.

This campaigning style makes Hillary Clinton Donald Trump’s dream opponent. She gives him an endless amount to work with. The emails, Benghazi, Whitewater, Iraq, the Lewinsky scandal, Chinagate, Travelgate, the missing law firm records, Jeffrey Epstein, Kissinger, Marc Rich, Haiti, Clinton Foundation tax errors, Clinton Foundation conflicts of interest, “We were broke when we left the White House,” Goldman Sachs… There is enough material in Hillary Clinton’s background for Donald Trump to run with six times over.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
if you don't vote, you lose the ability to bitch about the outcome.

~

oh wait, no you don't, you are free to bitch about whatever you like in this god-forsaken world. holy crap all these people worried about fascism are claiming the loss of some sort of right to bitch. how does it work? last time i checked there was no restriction at all. i didn't vote, comments sections are still available to me and people take me the exact same amount of serious.
Writing a comment on your keyboard ain't bitching, it's commenting, and don't mean shit.
Bitching is verbal, to real people, in a real world, that can respond in your face.