The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #361
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I actually have no idea what people think of me. With a few exceptions.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #362
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Really? Do you at least think you know what they think, even if they haven't specifically said so?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #363
Nirvana
Back in 10

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo.
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll ....

Right before your eyes we pull laughter from the skies
And he laughs until he cries then he dies then he dies
Come inside the shows about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart

You gotta see the show
It's a dynamo
You gotta see the show
It's rock and roll!"
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #364
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
About thirty posts ago, I was thinking we should just get jim to post his list and be done with it, but now I'm thinking, who really gives a fuck. Most of us already know what the other regs think of us don't we? Some of us are in transitionary phases of our cellar lives, so the lines might be a bit fuzzy there, but hopefully we all still know where we stand with each other right?

I wonder what BD is thinking about this all now. i'm sure she's still reading us and our in house fighting (which happens fairly often because there are a lot of strong personalities here).

Anyway, I just wanted to say to Jim; don't give up on being the new you. I'm sure I'm not the only one cheering you on from the sidelines hoping you get to your journeys end feeling better for the trip. xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
^^wss

nwss.

I think the new Jim is a neutered shadow of his former self, who -in the absence of testosterone- lets his dick lead the way instead of his balls.

NJ? that's close enough for a lunchtime shag, no?

He's the star pupil of the "good boys are those who behave like girls" school of thought. WTG. Let's make an honor roll bumper sticker for his mom.

"Being a hammer is easier"?

Telling the truth is easier than lying.....

At least now I understand why my comments were totally ignored in the "Hi, I'm a Newbie" thread (and others), and why some of my perfectly reasonable comments were viewed as incendiary and why I suddenly became oppressor #1......

jealous bitch, huh? Unwilling to share the limelight/attention/however that comment was worded? Have you seen how often I've been around recently? huh? How many threads I've started? And compared it to the good old days? I have no limelight to be possesive over. I haven't even managed to upload photos for the pic comp I started! I feed off the posts of others right now.... I have been sad that I've been way too busy to participate in the cellar much, but I guess it's a good thing today. also, um WTF?

If BD was all about communication and understanding, how come I didn't get a "why do you seems so aggressive/mad at me?" visitor message or PM?

oh, and here's my "hijack" of her breast cancer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
[slight hijack] OK so I'm supposed to wear pink to the swim meet on Thursday b/c it's a BC pink-out. Those of you who have been here a while (a) know what i went through with my friend who got a stage 4ish diagnosis and (b) know I hate pink. and maybe (c) know I only wear black. I do the team spirit things -I will even wear colored team shirts for the duration of the game. Sometimes. But I don't wanna wear pink. And I'd have to buy something -I'd rather donate the $$. And I hate the concept "if you don't wear pink, you're pro breast-cancer" which seems to be implied. Should I really oughta wear pink, or is it ok to wear black and claim I'm in mourning for my friend's boob when challenged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantDisguise View Post
Why don't you just wear a breast cancer pin or something small like that? I don't think you should feel you have to wear pink.
Quote:
...It's high school..... I'mm'a probably be the only non-conformist. Well that and the dad still in suit and tie......

maybe I can take of the kids'...... oooh ooh I got it, I'mm'a take Hector's webkinz Eagle in a pink shirt (they are the eagles)

thanks, you make me think hard enough to find a good solution
Yeah. malicious threadjacking for sure.

OK I'm done. Kinda done with this whole forum right now. But, you know, I've met some of you, some of you are OK, I kinda wanna keep sharing stuff with you. So I ain't gonna quit in a hissy fit, because I'll be back. But yes, I'm pissed. And it's funny because I remember two other huge internal bust-ups where in each case, one dwellar felt that -as the "family" we, other long-term dwellars, should have their backs when they got irrationally attacked by newbs. And yet today, one of those dwellars is actively refuelling the newb. Guess he found Jebus/FSM/HisDick and that makes everything OK.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #365
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

You are calling me a liar, monster? Why?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #366
Aliantha

I don't think Jim is being led by his dick. That had nothing to do with what my post was about.

My perspective is that he's trying to be more understanding of other people's faults, and I think that's a good thing. We could all do that once in a while. none of us are perfect.

Don't get all huffy monster. Things were just getting better between us.

C'mere...give us a kiss.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #367
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
You are calling me a liar, monster? Why?
no. hypocritical and weak.

you mean the truth is easier than lying comment?

It was a demonstration that the hardest option is not always the best/morally correct one. One doesn't always have to suffer to be beautiful.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #368
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I don't think Jim is being led by his dick. That had nothing to do with what my post was about.

My perspective is that he's trying to be more understanding of other people's faults, and I think that's a good thing. We could all do that once in a while. none of us are perfect.

Don't get all huffy monster. Things were just getting better between us.

C'mere...give us a kiss.
I really should have only quoted the last sentence of your post. The rest is irrelevant to mine. Understanding people's fault is fine. Excusing them just because we understand them... not so much. ymmv.

I'm a mom. I'm not alone in this. Many dwellars will know this feeling. I try to be momma bear for my kids, because that's my job, but I am sometimes amazed by how much other moms will defend and excuse their kids' totally unacceptable behaviour. Like momma bear gone bad. I just can't momma bear to that level. if my kid does something bad (and this is not hypothetical) I will be there for them and defend them to the best of my ability, but i will never lie and say they were innocent when they were not. That to me feels the same as saying, OK, we understand the faults, so let's excuse them and carry on as normal.

Huffy? Nope. It really isn't worth the effort it would take me. Disappointed? Yup.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #369
Aliantha

Quote:
I really should have only quoted the last sentence of your post. The rest is irrelevant to mine. Understanding people's fault is fine. Excusing them just because we understand them... not so much. ymmv.

I'm a mom. I'm not alone in this. Many dwellars will know this feeling. I try to be momma bear for my kids, because that's my job, but I am sometimes amazed by how much other moms will defend and excuse their kids' totally unacceptable behaviour. Like momma bear gone bad. I just can't momma bear to that level. if my kid does something bad (and this is not hypothetical) I will be there for them and defend them to the best of my ability, but i will never lie and say they were innocent when they were not. That to me feels the same as saying, OK, we understand the faults, so let's excuse them and carry on as normal.

Huffy? Nope. It really isn't worth the effort it would take me. Disappointed? Yup.
I don't see why anyone should need to feel like a mum to anyone here. All he said was he kinda liked BD in the first place and that he was trying to figure out why she'd gone all weird. Why should anyone need to take it further than that? Why do people have to take the next step and 'go all weird' themselves? Isn't it an indication of strength if one is able to avoid becoming what we criticize?

I dunno. I just don't see why it's so wrong of him not to 'be a hammer' to this newby who for all we know, might have very similar issues to many of us here. Does that mean she deserves less understanding? *shrugs*

eta: When people change their attitude or things like that, (bear with me, I'm just getting this idea sorted in my head) our expectations aren't always ready for it, so we get cranky about our own expectations not being met. Maybe this isn't jim's issue at all?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #370
Aliantha

Now where's my kiss?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #371
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
no. hypocritical and weak.

you mean the truth is easier than lying comment?

It was a demonstration that the hardest option is not always the best/morally correct one. One doesn't always have to suffer to be beautiful.

yeah...that last part sounds like bullshit. You called me a liar. I never lied. I was trying to make peace...

Yes...i was interested in possibly meeting brill in meat space. Was that my dick? How very base of you to illuminate that. Thanks. Youre a great friend.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #372
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I TOLD YOU THIS PLACE WAS A SOAP OPERA.

You've just used up three seasons worth of plot in one bloody thread. The writers will freak. Gotta stretch the drama out, peeps.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #373
Aliantha

Listen mate! Just be bloody grateful it hasn't spread all over the freaking forum. YET!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #374
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

I hope my posting here right now doesn't do more harm than good. But I just needed to say that I am very very sorry for everything that transpired. I take my share of the blame in this as well. There are many things I shouldn't have said or done during this.

Please don't be mad at Jim. I re-read the PM with the list and it was all said in a joking manner. I had received what I perceived to be a not very nice PM about my signature. Prior to that I had started to feel a little unwelcome here and then I get that PM. Jim was just trying to be a good guy and make me feel welcome. That's all. He didn't mean any harm to any of you. After that then some not so nice things were said after I agreed about having avatars. I wasn't trying to change this place, I was just stating my opinion on it. So once I saw some things that I perceived as mean, things escalated. I guess I felt backed into a corner and I came out scratching.

So please, don't let this ruin any of the friendships you have all acquired over the years. They are true friendships if your feeling are hurt and shouldn't be dropped without trying. We all need friends in this world.

I won't post here anymore because I think too many here have a bad taste in their mouths with me now, and that's ok. But please, don't let this get in the way of your friendships. I never ever intended for any of this to happen. I mean that.

Take care.
BrilliantDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #375
Aliantha

You should stick around BD. We're just like a big italian family. We yell and scream at each other from time to time, but we still feel the love. Don't you?