The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-30-2020, 09:50 AM   #16
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

The logical conclusion then is that those accused officers should be tried as children (not adults) and if convicted, placed in juvenile detention until they pass remedial training and testing to verify they have met the standard for being adults. Once accomplished, their records should be sealed so as not to be used against them after they embark on their second chance in life as law abiding/enforcing adult citizens. FMLA should cover the time lost and the police union should cover the expenses at no cost to the taxpayers.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:33 PM   #17
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The logical conclusion then is that those accused officers should be tried as children (not adults)
Only children are allowed to act like children. An adult who acts like a child (and violates laws) deserves (and has earned) full rath of the law.

An adult is required to be responsible. That means an adult brain must always control and override the child's brain. That is the law. And essential so that all citizens to have rights.

Can a jury contain adults who will act in an adult manner? Ignore their emotions to see tis crime logically - without prejudice, sympathy, or stereotyping?

That is actually quite hard for many adults. We need only learn from a Mission Accomplished war to see so many who ignored facts and numbers. To feel Saddam had WMDs only because of emotions.

Fake Fox News, like its predecessor Radio Moscow, targets and preaches to adults who still think like children. Adults who act like children (and violate laws) deserve hard time. Adults are not allowed to be irresponsible.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #18
sexobon

This country protects adults who still think like children. They're considered impaired and not responsible for their actions.

I've already sent my suggestion to the White House and reported your reply to the Dept. of Child Protective Services.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:50 AM   #19
tw

Quote:
This country protects adults who still think like children.
They are called Trump supporters. Using iconic names such as KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists. Of course that is why every adult who is still a child needs an AK-47 and a 155 mm howitzer. Since evil black men and other non-Trump supporters are always a threat.

Curious. Moderates don't need all that weaponry. Only adults who are still children do.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #20
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
… Since evil black men and other non-Trump supporters are always a threat. ...
That's racist.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:41 PM   #21
tw

Quote:
That's racist.
That's right. You are.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #22
sexobon

Of course I'm right. You label everyone who would support Trump, before even getting to know anything else about them, based upon just that first impression. That's racist.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:44 PM   #23
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It's a terrible time your country is facing at the moment. I would not like to be in it. Apparently other countries are also protesting on behalf of POC in your country and also their own. I'm not sure if it's happening in Australia too. I think all countries have issues with racism though, either against immigrants or indigenous. The issue in America is somewhat different to just about anywhere else due to the origins of most of the people protesting. It's fairly particular to the US. Your Pres is coming off as a complete fuckwit to the rest of the world too, so that's got to make it harder. I hope the Dems make it past the post at the end of the year. God forbid Trump gets another bite at the cherry.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:09 PM   #24
sexobon

Trump is mostly expendable now. Some elected him for his tactical value in curbing immigration in various ways and may vote for him again despite the mediocre job he did (he didn't get the wall built) since there's the rest of the conservative agenda too.

For those of us playing the long game, any Republican would have done in the last election: it just happened to end up being Trump. The strategic objective was to elect whoever could get a conservative majority on the US Supreme court. That keeps liberal justices from appeasing simple majorities by reinterpreting (spinning) the US Constitution to effect change; thus, bypassing the 2/3 majority needed to effect change by changing the Constitution.

The tradeoff of having President Trump for four years to get a lifetime Supreme Court that's resistant to the whims of political correctness was a bargain with the devil; but, it worked. That having been accomplished, the next President can be elected for entirely different reasons.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:35 AM   #25
Griff
still says videotape

It was an interesting bet, wouldn't be sure that Trump hasn't created a firmer resolve in the left and while alienating the center. Since the court packing was partly done by denying Obama a seat to fill, the impeachment of Kavanaugh and a followup court packing could be in play. Court packing probably won't happen under Biden but a block of national healthcare probably leads to a radical takeover of the Party.

On race, my daughters college roommate 130 pounds of pretty meek gay poet let his Jesuit social conscience off leash. He stood between POC and the Philly Cops. His white privilege card was apparently revoked automatically. The ER sent him home so apparently no skull fracture, but concussion and bleeding.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #26
tw

Quote:
The tradeoff of having President Trump for four years to get a lifetime Supreme Court that's resistant to the whims of political correctness was a bargain with the devil; but, it worked.
He openly admits he loves damage done to America - socially, economically, internationally, politically, financially, militarily, and scientifically. He even loves it that Kim has been openly permitted to expand his nuclear arsenal. That Kurds were ethnically cleansed. That right wing wacko Likud and Israel will now steal the West Bank. That Trump only praises despots and dictators. Sexobon wants to 'wreck shit' as any good extremist wants. Because Fake Fox News, et al can order him what to believe. It appeals to the emotional brain of a child.

It makes him angry (a tantrum) to learn what justified his beliefs.

Sexobon wants to impose extremist beliefs on all. A Supreme Court of moderates is will not do that. He forgets what right wing extremists believe and openly stated on the Supreme Court. Nobody has a right to privacy. It is not in the Constitution. And it would obstruct right wing fascism.

A church wants to pack people in worship claiming that is an essential business. Everyone (using the adult brain) knows worshipping a god can be done anywhere at any time - all alone. Nobody need collect. With contempt for the rights and lives of all others (especially nurses and doctors), extremists took their Me-Me-Me demands to the Supreme Court. All extremist justices voted to spread a Coronaviruse onto all others. Fortunately the Chief Justice decided to vote as a patriot - a moderate. So the Governor's edict stands. Their Me-Me-Me needs were obstructed by adults thinking like adults - moderates.

Only emotions need to pack people together to worship any god. They must go to be told what to think. Only right wing extremists say that is essential. Meanwhile, America was founded on a principle that right wing extremists hate. Religion is only a relationship between one man and his god. Nothing more. Religious beliefs are never - as in never - to be imposed upon anyone else. Only right wing extremists disagree. Must pack a Supreme Court with extremists who will even impose their religious beliefs upon all others. Sexobon says this is good. That brainwashing appeals to so many adults who are still children.

Because he wants to wreck shit, he openly loves Trump. And does what Trump does to be popular - cheapshots. Destruction is good because it imposes right wing extremism on all others. It even says (without openly admitting it) that black lives do not matter.

Sexobon invents fables about right vs left wing. In reality, it is only about extremists verse moderates.

Only emotional beliefs matter (which explains his racist beliefs and Trump who promotes them). My rights, my emotions, my needs, my entitlements, my flag, my fears, my bully club, my country right or wrong. Extremist rhetoric also massacred 50,000 servicemen in Vietnam for no purpose. And did same to another 5,000 in Iraq - deja vue Vietnam. Extremists who promoted that Mission Accomplish war still do not apologize for those 5,000 useless deaths. They only will if Fake Fox News tells them to. It is called extremism. We need a Supreme Court that protects fascism.

Me-Me-Me is his philosophy alongside Henry Quirk and UG. Even justifies above cheapshots that exist only to demean. An extremist strategy to gain power (as clearly defined in Hitler's book). Because it does what extremists want - destroy adult thinking. Demean anyone who discusses adult thoughts.

Sexobon will even deny his underlying support of racism - contempt for blacks, immigrants, etc. He will deny his beliefs. Otherwise he must admit to what underpins right wing fascism. Emotional beliefs such as hate and Me-Me-Me. He is so extremist as to even believe immigrants have increased crime. Or that immigrants prosper at his expense. His right wing extremist attitude promoted a massacre of 5,000 American servicemen in Iraq for no purpose. He will not admit but believes Trayvon Martin can be blamed for his own death. Filling a Supreme Court with right wing extremists coincides with racism and fascism. All with contempt for moderates. Who would even promote spreading a pandemic. Confrontation and violence only makes fascist (KKK, White Supremacists, Nazis) more powerful. Those are Sexobon's peers.

He will not read all this. It requires an attention span that extremists do not possess. Also why he loves Trump 'wrecks shit' rhetoric. Extremism only requires 140 characters - a Tweet. No wonder extremist hate it that Twitter now requires one to be honest. That, like moderate Supreme Court justices, obstructs fascism.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #27
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
His white privilege card was apparently revoked automatically. The ER sent him home so apparently no skull fracture, but concussion and bleeding.
One common factor exists. An underlying psychology exists that cannot be explained at a personal level. Agitation and resulting violence (including looting) starts with the approach or application of a curfew.

A peaceful demonstration was marching from Minneapolis to St Paul. When they got to the border, St Paul police attacked them. Apparently what happened at the Edmund Pettus bridge: an example of how history can repeat when one uses emotions and not adult thinking.

I once took a three day trip with only cops. They would tell me stories. One was a cop who was clearly racist. They told me to watch. He would go into the cafeteria, only see blacks behind the counter, and walk out. He did that. Then watch. He would then decide he was too hungry. And would go back in. He did that too. His peers knew who he was - exactly.

Other cops know who among them are extreme racists. But the system includes people who protect them. Reporting bad apples is not permitted.

So many precinct commanders tried to remove bad apples. But those problems were returned. Decisions at highest levels refused to deal with this problem. So many cops demonstrated exactly who were racists. But the system says they cannot even report it.

What happens when one racist is in a line of cops. Actions of that one racist ends up expanding into violence between all cops and all demonstrators. It only takes a spark.

Chauvin clearly was a bad apple. With 18 previous complaints over 18 years. His partner, Tou Thao, had another six complaints. One was so egregious that the city had to settle out of court for $25,000. Thao even tried to intimidate hospital employees because they were spending too long treating Ferguson's injuries. Thao then trashed Ferguson's prescriptions for injuries that Thao had imposed. Another bad apple who watched as Chauvin murdered Floyd. Because Floyd spent a counterfeit $20 bill.

How does one address this problem - that is widespread all over America?

What we have: "In the final analysis, the riot is the language of the unheard. What is it that American has failed to hear?" Dr Martin Luther King Jr 1967

Sexobon will now post another cheapshot.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #28
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
The logical conclusion then is that those accused officers should be tried as children (not adults) and if convicted, placed in juvenile detention until they pass remedial training and testing to verify they have met the standard for being adults. Once accomplished, their records should be sealed so as not to be used against them after they embark on their second chance in life as law abiding/enforcing adult citizens. FMLA should cover the time lost and the police union should cover the expenses at no cost to the taxpayers.
So you think murder is just "boys being boys."
Old 06-01-2020, 10:40 AM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Don't feed the troll.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Don't feed the troll.
Actively highlight the troll. He demonstrates why riots are occurring.

Months before (early March), police busted into the apartment of an innocent person at 1 AM without even announcing themselves. Since they were not wearing body cameras, little from officer statements can be trusted. They claimed they announced themselves. Facts suggest they are lying. After firing a warning shot at the door, Kenneth Walker was on the phone for two minutes with 911, reporting his girl friend (an EMT) was shot, asking for help, and repeatedly saying he did not know who had busted into his house and fired back. Clearly the Louisville Metro Police did not identify themselves for at least two minutes. And fired into that room through a closed door - a violation.

Why? Because a package, addressed to some other person, was delivered to that address. That justifies a violent raid? He was a black man.

Worse, Walker was charged for two and a half months with a crime. Not any police were charged or even reprimanded. Walker was arrested and charged two months ago for defending himself. Officers should have been wearing body cameras. Did not announce themselves. Clearly did not let Walker know who they were for many minutes. Fired blindly through a closed door. Withheld the 911 tapes for about two months. And only withdrew charges after the FBI starting an investigation about ten days ago. Clearly nobody, even at the highest levels, was being responsible until the Federal Government had to step in.

What does that say about the 'unheard'? Clearly the unheard are saying this remains rampant everywhere in America.

Well the 'powers that be' finally withdrew charges only days after the FBI stepped in. Did they need a riot to eventually admit the obvious? Officers were not even reprimanded for obviously violating procedure.

But too late for America. This is but one example. Police clearly failed to do their job. Reacted by violating what they are trained to do: think before reacting - as any adult must. Since Kenneth Walker is black, that only created more incentives for "the unheard".

Problem openly encouraged by repeated Trump statements (who Sexobon praises). Since Trump encourages what right wing extremists want. So fearful are these extremists that Trump was taken to a secure bunker due to so many demonstrators outside complaining about Trump's racism.

Never forget that he praised Nazis, White Supremacist, and KKK - because that makes him popular. Only right wing wackos like that - and Trump.