The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-12-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
What Is Precisely The Sort Of Shit Up With Which You Will Not Put?

Given the worldwide and cellarwide discontent with a variety shit, and the looming close of teh cellar I wanted to make one more "what is..." thread.

Despite its title, which would suggest a place to ventilate your collective spleen, I'd like to suggest that we use this thread to express our own shit, our ragrets (I have a few) about things we maybe could have done better or at all. As in "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I always misinterpreted that to be an admonition against do-gooders. It was only in the past few years that I realized it refers to not doing the things you intended to do.
Kicking it off with: intentions rather than actions. <-- my shit up with which I will not put.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

oof.

You hit my nail on the head. Building community was something I always thought I could do but no I cannot.

My Cellar regret is the shitty interactions I had with Mercenary, that was on me.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
As in "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I always misinterpreted that to be an admonition against do-gooders. It was only in the past few years that I realized it refers to not doing the things you intended to do.
Not sure if you're saying the same thing I am, but I always interpreted it as failing to accurately predict the consequences of your actions, based on the fact that you had good intentions. Like, "Yeah, I did this horrible thing, but it's forgiveable because I meant well..." The admonition is that you're responsible for your shitty actions, even if you weren't actively planning harm, so you need to think about more than your feelings when choosing what to do.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

is this a Z-A thread?

I am sorry I wasn't able to do a better job at picking up the image of the day thing. People really enjoyed that feature but I didn't want to step on toes having been chastised in the past for posting when there were already plans in the works and I feel bad for being chicken -perhaps even using that as an excuse not to take on another large project. I should have been bolder and more dedicated.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Not sure if you're saying the same thing I am, but I always interpreted it as failing to accurately predict the consequences of your actions, based on the fact that you had good intentions. Like, "Yeah, I did this horrible thing, but it's forgiveable because I meant well..." The admonition is that you're responsible for your shitty actions, even if you weren't actively planning harm, so you need to think about more than your feelings when choosing what to do.
That's what I used to think it meant. Apparently what it means is that it isn't enough to intend to do something, you actually have to follow through with it. In other words, my road to hell has four lanes, two shoulders, and a service road.