The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #1591
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Mildly irritating me is the need to mark students' tests in informal/applied logic. We went over this stuff many times, did two practise tests in class, discussed and explained the answers, and some kids appear not to have a #$%&ing CLUE about how to even go about answering the questions. Some of my students are good, but some are just a waste of my time and their daddy's money.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #1592
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I had a coat that I absolutely loved in highschool. Warmest thing ever besides my letterman's jacket. It was down-filled...and it was WHITE.

It's the only thing I've ever had dry-cleaned in my entire life, because it's the only item of clothing I cared enough to pay to have cleaned...and they MELTED IT...BIG GOBS OF PLASTICY FEATHERS AND ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

They said that sometimes items "wash incorrectly" depending on how they're made, and refused that they had done anything wrong.

I miss my coat.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #1593
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

at least they didnt steal your pants!

im going there in the morning. i plan to kick ass and take names. I want my pants!

get my pants, bitch!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #1594
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Maybe you should try a plain cucumber. Without the pickling process, I expect it'd be much less likely to cause irritation.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #1595
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Dry cleaning uses some fairly nasty chemicals and the fumes can stay a while.

The lady next door had cancer a while ago and her doctor recommended that she reduce the number of days she wore clothes that had been dry cleaned and that she let dry cleaned clothes air out before wearing them.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #1596
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

If anyone is stealiing Razz's pants, I want in.

So to speak.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #1597
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Corporate wear
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #1598
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't you have casual Fridays so you can show them what they are missing?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #1599
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

No, but we go out and get uncorporately drunk occasionally, and I introduced them to vertically challenged pr0n ...so its coming.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #1600
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I was playing yet another game of DeepLeap (I can't seem to break 1,000) and managed to get my RL first name - cleared the board, too. Woohoo! And then i noticed that I could get "Cellar" from the next batch of letters, and I started typing so fast to get it in so I could post it here that I typo'ed and messed the whole thing up.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #1601
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
at least they didnt steal your pants!

im going there in the morning. i plan to kick ass and take names. I want my pants!

get my pants, bitch!
i went there yesterday, and returned whoever's grey pants, and they had my black ones. as for the other pair they lost....they gave me $50 store credit. I'm mollified, i suppose. still....they better get that stain out of my shirt.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #1602
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Store called demanding I tell them why their controller pc keeps having problems. 3rd time last few months. Annoying I understand, but its not a constant problem, it gets fixed, works for awhile and then goes down again. A tech was out there today and will replace a part when it gets in, so that might fix the issue for good. Store is still calling demanding to know why the controller keeps having issues and that it needs to be fixed permanently.
We're workin on it bud, thats why a tech was out and we ordered a part to be replaced. How hard is that to understand?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #1603
glatt

Train I was riding in this morning broke down. Brakes seized. It stopped, and the lights and ventilation went out at the same time in the entire train. With no power, there were no announcements, but the driver walked through a couple times and said they were working on it. Other train traffic was diverted around us, so we saw all those lighted trains occasionally going by as I stood there in the dark for half an hour with hundreds of other people.

Eventually, they released the brakes and the train limped back to the previous station. Had to walk the length of the train to go out the only open door. And then, of course, our broken train had caused major delays on the line, so it was another half hour before I could squeeze onto a train.

I'm over an hour late for work, and feel like I put in a full day already.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #1604
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Fios is finally available in my neighborhood. (Can you say 20/5 internet?) The installation is scheduled for Monday.

After carefully examining the options, we decided to go with a Tivo rather than the Motorola boxes rented by Verizon. Our Tivo arrived yesterday. And it's dead. (It started up fine, but it barfed halfway through the setup process and refused to boot up again.)

The new one will not be here till Monday. This means we may have to reschedule the installation. "Oh, boo hoo, Steve has to wait for the new stuff." In the grand scheme of things, it's completely trivial. But on a more mundane level, I'd already made arrangements to be off from work Monday, and changing things on such short notice would be challenging.

(The delivery itself is annoying. The first unit was ordered on Monday, shipped on Tuesday from Harrisburg, PA, and arrived on Wednesday. The replacement was ordered on Wednesday and shipped on Thursday--from Indianapolis!! If it had come from Harrisburg like the first one, we'd have it tomorro.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1605
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

damn amazon and their "buy with one-click" ways!

Fie on them~!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar