The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Cloud

Appaloosa: request for spoilers

Will someone who has seen this movie, please tell me how it ended?

I saw most of it, up until the bad guy (Jeremy Irons) is pardoned and returns to the town.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Cloud

nobody saw this movie? Ed Harris and Vigo Mortensen are fab in it; Renee Zellwinger not so much.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Pie
Gone and done

Can't help you, sorry. :p
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I loved that movie. I am starting to get a crush on Vigo. Everything I see him in is amazing.

I think maybe Zellwegger's problem is that she is overshadowed by Ed Harris and Vigo. Their performances are so strong that hers sort of gets lost.

Now, it has been a while since I saw it, and I sometimes get moments of the movie confused with 3:10 to yuma, so I can't exactly remember how it ends...seems like the good guys win out, yet, the problem with Zellwegger's character is she is a naughty slut, and is really after the man that she thinks will most likely survive. I am trying to remember what happens in the end...
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Cloud

yes. but did she end up with one or both? or none? or did they end up with each other?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
kerosene
Touring the facilities

It is a bit ambiguous, because the bad guy comes back after he is pardoned and becomes the next most powerful man, so Zellweger goes for him at first, but then he gets shot by Vigo, so I think it is left to assume that she and Ed Harris end up together.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Cloud

okay thanks. at least they got the bad guy!

Tags
movies