The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-07-2004, 12:57 PM   #16
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The only good Arafat is a dead one. Good riddance to that terrorists. Now the peace loving Israelis can get back to defending themselves against their terrorist neighbors who don't even recognize their right to exist. And with Arafat dead, maybe there can finally be some peace.

Quote:
Boeing has flat out fired an average of 5 people a month for inappropriate sites. Many more wrist slapped. Every month!
I know that's true. What bothers me is when I get a popup that pulls up an inappropriate website and I get a "hate speech" or a "nudity" thing on my screen.

Last edited by Radar; 11-07-2004 at 12:59 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #17
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
We have resident expert on this subject, if she chooses to comment.
I could ask my parents, but I just spoke to them.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #18
404Error
Lecturer

Fox news just had a *news alert* that reports Arafat is officially declared dead as of 2 hours ago. Guess the world will have to wait and see what the Palestines will do now.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:00 PM   #19
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I predict a power struggle featuring lots of violence, followed by lots of violence, and topped off with lots of violence.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:16 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Once again, NutNews scoops all the majors.

I admitted a guy tonight who amongst his ramblings about Jesus, The Boston Red Sox, and Other Major Conspiracies said, "You know, Yasser Arafat has been dead for 72 hours." I was interviewing this patient at 1600 hrs EST. When I asked him how he knew that, he pointed at his abdomen, winked, and stated that he couldn't really discuss that any further.

Oh, and he didn't actually say anything about the Boston Red Sox. I added that for humorous effect.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:17 AM   #21
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Once again, NutNews scoops all the majors.

I admitted a guy tonight who amongst his ramblings about Jesus, The Boston Red Sox, and Other Major Conspiracies said, "You know, Yasser Arafat has been dead for 72 hours." I was interviewing this patient at 1600 hrs EST. When I asked him how he knew that, he pointed at his abdomen, winked, and stated that he couldn't really discuss that any further.

Oh, and he didn't actually say anything about the Boston Red Sox. I added that for humorous effect.
Ask him about winning lotto numbers one day.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:42 AM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I find a lot of losing lottery tickets in nut wallets, so I think I'll save myself the money on that one.

Sometimes you find stuff that makes you a little sad too. This same guy, who is a really well known nut, had a bunch of photos in his wallet. He's homeless, but he has somehow managed to keep these in very good condition. Quite a few of them have the traditional "To Uncle Timmy 2003" inscription, laboriously printed by the subject of the photo. So many of our patients either don't have family, or have been pretty much abandoned to the mental health system by their families, that it was kind of touching to find out that he is someone's Crazy Uncle Timmy that Makes the Family Uncomfortable at Holidays.

He does clean up pretty well, though. Talks crazy as shit, but shines up good.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 11-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Newsmax is sayin' that The Times is sayin' that the AIDS rumor is likely not just a rumor.

Of course, this is probably one paragraph in the story hailing Arafat as a "stateman" and "world leader" rather than a "terrorist."

Old 11-13-2004, 01:04 AM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Gotta love The Post.

Their obit "Arafat Dead and Buried" is very different from the 8 page loveletter in the NY Times.

And boy, those guys can write a headline!

(Sorry, don't have a clue as to how to separate the two pieces of the animated .gif, and the "enlarged" version has already been switched over to the Peterson Verdict cover.)
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2004, 06:27 AM   #25
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Gotta love The Post....(Sorry, don't have a clue as to how to separate the two pieces of the animated .gif, and the "enlarged" version has already been switched over to the Peterson Verdict cover.)

Well you could get all technical and open the image in Photoshop and separate the layers, etc.

...or you could just open the .gif in MS Paint and re-save it as a .jpeg image.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2004, 02:44 PM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

D'oh!

Old 11-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
D'oh!
Me too.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:47 PM   #28
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
The only good Arafat is a dead one. Good riddance to that terrorists.
First, my guy wins the election.....then this guy Arafat falls over D-E-A-D.....then the markets start making some real gains......Daschle get the boot.....AW ban sunsets.....

Now I know how the opposition felt in the nineties! Things are looking pretty good.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote