The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 10-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #31
busterb
NSABFD

How about some fried biscuits & sausage?
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #32
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

We're starting to cook again at my house now that everyone is on a regular schedule (for a month or so, anyway). The other half made steak bombs, which the kids call "stink bombs" last night. He sliced up a pound and a half of ribeye thinly, fried it with onions, mushrooms, Worcestershire, tons of garlic and spices. He served it on big old crusty rolls with Provolone and fries. Yum. I washed it down with a few beers and burped until I felt better.

Today we're heading off to the inlaws for dinner. His family is Italian and I live for her chicken parmesan, salad made from vegetables out of their garden and topped with his dad's homemade dressing and yeasty bread. I'm hungry NOW.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:53 PM   #33
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
How about some fried biscuits & sausage?
Buster,
Is thems deep fried biscuits?

Ohhhhhhhh I am getting so hungry.

Tonight was simple, cliché hotdogs and sauerkraut (from our cabbages!) It was too light, but I am not going to try and improvise a biscuit fryer at midnight...
Old 10-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #34
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I'm ashamed to admit that my dinner tonight consisted of two frozen hamburger patties (Topps) on store-brand buns. I did dress them properly with the usual condiments and bread-and-butter pickle slices but I plead only fifteen minutes to heat and eat before I had to run. More time tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #35
busterb
NSABFD

Think tonight will be grilled cheese, ham w/Jalapeno slices hot mustard. But watch out for wkend, I have a fish story! Yum
Old 10-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I now can contribute to this thread as I have something slightly interesting to eat!Multi-grain and spinach cake, asparagus (steamed) and flounder with Miso and rice wine combo that carmelizes while baking (saw on oprah show with gwyneth paltrow cooking).

PS--cake is like a crabcake only no crab.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #37
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Oprah cooked Paltrow? Boy maybe she needs to switch diet plans again.......
flippant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #38
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Argh this thread is making me think of Thanksgiving! Can't wait for that turkey!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone do the deep fried method of cooking a turkey? Busterb?

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #39
busterb
NSABFD

Yep trying to make up my small mind between fried or drunk turkey. Drunk is cheaper. No oil to buy. You really need a good size pot, a rack to make adding & removing the bird safe. also a long stemed therometer.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:43 PM   #40
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

I think we should organize a cellar summer cook out. Maybe like a sort of food oriented rainbow/burning man/ gathering of the clan thing.

A week of just non stop cooking, eating, drinking. We wouldn't have to actually talk to one another (Ya know, if you are shy) we could just have a big bulletin board that we could tack notes up on, and

Whoa, dinner is going to my head pretty quickly. Sam Smith's organic ale and triple chocolate cake.

Why yes, it is bachelor night.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:16 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
I think we should organize a cellar summer cook out. Maybe like a sort of food oriented rainbow/burning man/ gathering of the clan thing.
You've just described Plastic Forks.

Be there.

(Saturday closest to the Summer Solstice and the full moon, unless the date selected by this algorithm is Father's Day weekend, in which case it's the week following.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:06 AM   #42
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Wolf, I just got back from looking at plastic forks 2003. I guess I'll have to wait till 2005.

I'll get the grill ready.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #43
busterb
NSABFD

For this wkend. The 2 fish yelded almost 6lbs. of meat. FFs, hushpuppys, corn fritters & of course cold beer.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2004, 04:24 PM   #44
busterb
NSABFD

A friend of mine, who just got back from a pipeline job in CO., brought a sack of onoins w/him. Look at size of the damn things. Can someone tell me how to make the font size smaller in this last Sig?
Attached Images

Last edited by busterb; 10-16-2004 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Sutip
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:26 PM   #45
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hmmm...I might actually cook something tonight...like really cook, not just microwaving.

A grilled pork tenderloin sounds good...I haven't used my Foreman grill in a while...hmmm...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote