The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 03-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #31
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Be prepared to spend a lot more over the next couple of years. You might get lucky and never exceed your retainer, but it's unlikely. Our total lawyer and court costs were over $5000, spread across 3 years.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:44 AM   #32
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Welcome to my world, OC *sigh*.

Best of luck to you in this one. Fight hard on it, and remember to put the kids first.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #33
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

The attorney says we'll never get full custody of the girls, unless she's a bad parent, because the courts always favor the mother unless we can prove gross negligence. Which we can't. She's not a bad mother (mostly), we just want the girls with us is all.

Anyway, it's just about the visitation and joint physical and legal custody at this point, and child support. The lawyer says we can expect $475 a month, mitigated by the judge for him supporting my household, and the fact that he brings home $700 less than he is getting counted on gross income per month. ($475 is nearly 50% of his bring home income, and that's after the medical they the state is making us pay for the girls ($250 a month, when the mother pay $15 a month. bastards). Since it's mandatory, we feel it shouldn't count against our income. The lawyer will bring that up.)

I'll keep ya updated AS IT HAPPENS!! (teehee)

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:13 AM   #34
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Another state heard from.....

Hi, OC. I hate to drag yet another state into this, but my experience in New Mexico was that when the child reaches the age of 14 you can also go back to court to get custody. At that age, the child himself may elect which parent he chooses to live with full-time and the court will so order. Although I was born and raised in NC, I did not get married and divorced there so I don't know if that option applies. Husband's children must be approaching that critical age, so it doesn't hurt to find out if it is one of your options and plan ahead. Chin up, and keep strong.

Last edited by Tonchi; 04-02-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Tonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #35
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks Tonchi!

(love your "Not smart enough to not write something" tag, too. Welcome to the Cellar, in case Bruce hasn't caught you yet!)

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-03-2005, 01:36 AM   #36
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Eeeek! Is Bruce catching?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #37
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

He sure is, I was down with a bad case of Bruce last week. Do you have any idea what it feels like to be crushed under 10 metric tons of crazy doodads?
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #38
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

mmmmmmmmmm it feels gooooooooooooood..........

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #39
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

So the scheduled hearing is Wednesday, we're working with the GA attorney to see if he filed the request for dismissal here or not.... if not, we have to go to court and tell the court what the deal is, then the judge dismisses it.

Then we get a GA court date.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 05-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #40
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

ok, so NC won't dismiss until they get proof it was adjucated in GA, and they may decide to file an co-existing order for NC, so we pay NC CSE instead of GA CSE.

Then the attorney tells us that bitch lives in an area of atlanta that is just outside of that county, and they filed in the wrong county, and the new county requires mediation.

Of course, Husband now has to go down there for mediation. (Then wth did we hire the attorney for? If he has to go down there anyway? This is dumb.)

THEN, the secretary sends us documents that *I* have to correct, little things like my husband's name, his gender, and a few other tidbits, and then we get a bill in the mail showing that he spent .17 hours "reviewing and revising" the documents, and billed US $50!!!

WTF??

We get this bill for $685, including filing fees because he filed in the wrong frickin county!!

WTF did we pay a $1000 retainer for?

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 05-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

OMG OC--I soooo feel your pain. What absolute craziness. The courts/clerks in my particular case (which is waaaaay different, but it's all the same system) are so bad that it's actually kind of breathtaking. I give you kudos for hanging in there and fighting for your rights--they make it hard, don't they? Good luck with it all--you're a survivor.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:02 AM   #42
LCanal
I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

I empathize but can't offer much. Do you have proof of the $300 a month?
Pound to a pinch of shit that the Bitch didn't declare that as income on her taxes. Gotcha!
I know this because I purposely didn't claim mine as a deduction. All finished now though.
Not much help for a good night's sleep. Hang in there and always get a second legal opinion. Just as with doctors.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #43
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

OK, we had another courrt date for the NC side of the Child Support.

The DA of NC was ready to dismiss, but the GA CSE people are pushing NC to go forward. NC doesn't want to go forward, since we're litigating in GA, so we were given a 120 days continuance in NC, to allow time for the GA litigation to proceed (her county requires mediation, she was served on May 24 and has 45 days to respond).

Meantime, the judged ask Husband if he was still sending money voluntarily, we told him no, since we were told no money he sends her now will be credited as back support. He said that it will be counted, and it looks better if he continues to pay, since that shows he's not trying to delay the case just so he doesn't have to pay her.

So we're going to be paying her $300 a month again, starting July 1, + the attorney + the fees to get him down to GA for this damn mediation....and it's in the papers we filed in GA that she pays our attorney fees...bitch...

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #44
abercrombiemom
ambercrombiemom

Oh Wow I really know how you feel.

My new husbands ex triest to take him for everything he has she is so evil. I however got my ex husbands girlfriend finally gone after about 5 years of working on it and now he is pretty easy going since he got rid of her. I go to court today to have 15,000 dollars of back child support wiped clean. Praise God. been praying about this a while now. I am considered a noncustodial mom but i really should have joint custody as much as they are with me. He is just not willing to give it up and i cannot afford a lawyer. When he and his ex broke up he lost the house so the kids have been with me all summer and i havent asked him for a dime of support and I took the kids school shopping go figure. Why can I do it because I dont drink I dont smoke and I dont do drugs. Well just a venting moment.
abercrombiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:41 AM   #45
abercrombiemom
ambercrombiemom

oh yeah my husband pays 800.00 dollars a month for 3 kids and she lives with her mom by the way.
abercrombiemom is offline   Reply With Quote