The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-23-2003, 06:41 AM   #16
Tobiasly
hot

I'm with Da Guardz. I'm at Camp Wolf in Kuwait, but not for much longer.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:58 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

One of my friends was recently photographed (I'm trying to get a copy) in an APC of some kind in, I believe Qatar. Across the windshield of the vehicle is a sign reading "One weekend a month my ass!"

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:12 AM   #18
bmgb
Master of the Domain

Loved the movie, and the music in it. I was disappointed in the soundtrack, though. It was missing some memorable tracks from the film.

No worries though, most of the missing tracks can be downloaded here.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:24 AM   #19
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
To show my appreciation for the job you're doing for our country, and for the fact that it was through your persistence that Radar admitted he might be wrong, coupled with your general overall coolness, I'll buy you either a ticket to go see it (next time you're in the DC area) or the widescreen DVD (when it's available).
Oh yea, I forgot to finish the "Bush is a military deserter" debate. It turns out I wasn't wrong. I might have been, but I wasn't. George W. Bush never showed up for duty in Georgia and not one record says he did. In fact a group of veterans in Georgia offered a substantial reward for anyone who could provide a single document proving he did.

So much for him transferring to Georgia.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #20
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

REWARD!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #21
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Back to the topic at hand...

I loved Kill Bill and also loved the music in it. Even while watching it both times in the theater I marveled at the music selections.

I wonder if Tarantino himself chose all of it, or if he had help.

I wouldn't mind getting that soundtrack also. The movie was very good and almost spoofed itself with the spraying of blood like a fire hose from every cut.

I was surprised that Go Go Yubari put up a better fight than O-Ren Ishii (Cottonmouth)
Old 01-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #22
bmgb
Master of the Domain

The RZA is credited as "composer" but I don't think he had a lot to do with it. Looks like he did 4 of the tracks and two of them were just sound effects. I don't remember "Ode to O-Ren Ishii" being in the film, but supposedly it was in there somewhere.

The soundtrack as a whole is clearly Tarantino's work.

My favorite Tarantino soundtrack is "Jackie Brown."
Old 01-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #23
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

NPR did an interview with RZA right before the film came out. Go here, then click on the audio link. (You need Media Player or RealPlayer to listen...the interview runs just over 8 minutes.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #24
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Jackie Brown was a great one too. Of course I own the movie, but not the soundtrack.

I like soundtracks because you usually get more good songs than you would buying a regular album. And they usually have a similar mood.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #25
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I wish the Kill Bill soundtrack didn't have the quotes from the movie as tracks. If they wanted to have movie quotes, I wish they had been MP3s in the same directory as the movie trailers. Having spoken-word tracks on a music CD messes up the experience a bit for me.

Not a huge issue in the land of CD burners, but still.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I kind of like that, myself ... overused, it can be a drag, but if it's done just right, it really evokes a lot of the emotional content of the movie.

I like the way it was done on the "From Dusk 'til Dawn" soundtrack ... just the way the CD starts with the sound of the hammer being cocked back and George Clooney saying "Everybody be cool ... YOU be cool" is just, well, Cool.

And I get giggly every time I hear Cheech Marin's "Come on in, Pussy Lovers ..."

I had originally had a pirated tape copy of this, and didn't know until several years later when I wore that out and purchased the CD myself, that there was a end-tag version of that speech as well.

Funny.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #27
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I can handle that, but both instances on the Kill Bill soundtrack are long monologues, closer to a minute than 10 seconds.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote