The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #31
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Why the fuss?

Because our society is idioticly sensitive towards race. Instead of ignoring it and thus acting as "one" we seperate ourselves into little 'minority' groups and are 'proud' of our 'origins'. Because we are so idioticly proud of our race and see it as defining 'who we are', people take those insults very seriously. I bet a woman would find a racial slur more offensive than 'cunt'...so for maximum effect intergrate the two..
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #32
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Here's a good question.

Why can black people call themselves nigga's, mexicans call themselves spics, beaners and wetbacks, white people call themselves white trash, blah blah ad nauseum, but when any other "race" does it, it's not ok?
That's not always the case. I know of plenty of black people that can't STAND it when other blacks call each other the "N" word. But, it seems to be a difference when a black guy is talking about his "niggas" (homeys) as opposed to a non-black person calling me a goddamned dirty "nigger".

Quote:
I have a half mexican nephew and niece, a half Puerto Rican niece, and my daughter is half black. As has been stated here many times (and on many threads), words are just words. Why the fuss?
I would say that it would depend on the person, the situation, and how things are said.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by insoluble
Yeah - fuck you Bruce - I am part Mexican. Just because this guy did something bad to you gives you the right to use racial slurs?
God Damn Right It does. Or any other time, for that matter. You have the right to be offended. I have the right to not give a shit. You have the right to retaliate in kind. You do not have the right to escalate without consequences. That's the way the world works:p

I cut off his head. Well only in the picture. They said they were arresting him for hit&run but I think it was protective custody.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:30 PM   #34
insoluble
developmentally disabled rear end headwear

yeah - I guess. I'm not really part mexican - I just wanted to throw in a fuck you in there somewhere. I have to drive by this corner where niggers sell drugs and stand in the street giving me hard looks all the time. What a convenient label huh? I am with FNF on the race issue - most of these racially proud people don't even know what their heritage means, and are just looking for a way to differentiate themselves.

As for the whole kill your baby thing - sure, had my mom been a stupid irresponsible fuckoff, I would rather not exist to carry on the traits. My mother had one abortion after I was born, and thusly I am an only child. I think it sucks that I have no siblings, but the situation merited her choice, and I respect her for being able to make it. Jast as I would respect anyone else with the wisdom to realize that a child is not appropriate in their lives at the moment for whatever reason. So I say again - coat hanger anyone?
insoluble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:45 PM   #35
warch
lurkin old school

Quote:
Why can black people call themselves nigga's, mexicans call themselves spics, beaners and wetbacks, white people call themselves white trash, blah blah ad nauseum, but when any other "race" does it, it's not ok?
Power, colonialism, and injustice. And I'll toss in misogyny, bitch.

And thanks Elsp. I'm flattered to be taken for Dagney. She hits nails on their heads when I'm all thumbs.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:54 PM   #36
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Busy day. Last night I got nailed by a hit and run driver. It took me over a mile in traffic to apprehend him. He doesn't speak English or of course have a drivers license. The police suspect he's an illegal alien. Where's Homeland Security when you need them? The car he was driving is supposedly insured but trying to determine if he had permission to drive it is tricky. So between two insurance companies, the police and little or no English speaking parties it's a fustercluck. Welcome to the Cellar, blue.
Quote:
xoxoxoBruce
Peace of garbage
11-23-2003 10:25 AM

Free advice- Before you confront some stranger, do a quick mental checklist of possible reactions and EXACTLY how far you are willing to go to make your point.

Quote:

No, really I'm trying to caution people to think before start because you might be pushing someone like me. You can lead me most anywhere but if you push it doesn't matter how trivial the reason. I'll be all over you before you can think about whether you want to pursue it or not. You'll have no choice.
and it made sense again.....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:23 AM   #37
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right Jim. As I started pursuit I was doing a mental checklist of how far I would go with this. I decided he would not win.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:32 AM   #38
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bruce and NBN...how many times have I told you now? You really have to quit calling those damned Spics "beaners" and "wetbacks".
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 PM   #39
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Bruce, your a machine

Dont you ever get frightened at just who your going after.. what if they too had decided that YOU will not win. i heard about a wedding not too long ago where a fight broke out over a parking spot and it ended up with the "toughman" being hacked in the back with the "passive" mans tommohawk. you never know who is going to be behind the wheel of the other car, didnt you worry this young man might have been armed or even equally if not more phyco and assured than you?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:39 AM   #40
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I take it that the Aussie govt will soon begin the registration and confiscation of all tomahawks and will work their way down to butter knives now? (for the good of the children, of course)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:48 AM   #41
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Bruce and NBN...how many times have I told you now? You really have to quit calling those damned Spics "beaners" and "wetbacks".
If you continue calling tacos spics, beaners, and wetbacks I'm gonna start another "Your words are making me uncomfortable, I'm quiting this mean place" thread. disclaimer- griff is not a fan of the Redskins, the Braves, the Conquistadors etc... but would be pleased to find some Fightin Whiteys gear under the tree this Christmas
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:51 AM   #42
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I thought "Spics" means P. Rican and "beaners" are Mexican?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:05 AM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
Dont you ever get frightened at just who your going after.. what if they too had decided that YOU will not win.
Determined doesn't mean stupid. There's a difference between a kamikaze and a matador. The matador doesn't always win but he doesn't quit. For all the times someone damaged my property when I wasn't around, this time I was. As of yesterday afternoon he was still in jail.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #44
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
I thought "Spics" means P. Rican and "beaners" are Mexican?
I've never heard a Mexican called a "beaner" before...seriously. I have heard of "Spic" referring primarily to Puerto Ricans, but back home, it's a blanket term used to refer to all Latinos.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 12-17-2003 at 07:00 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:42 PM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well, I'd be glad to change my post to whatever word this cocksucker finds most offensive.