View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Adak
Lecturer

Of course there is a huge black market for oil from Iran. It's also true however, that the sanctions have cut off a huge amount of the financial markets, to Iran. That impinges on some segments of Iran's economy, but not all.

Quote:
I will always be dismissive of people who think they know what's going on with a talk radio education.
Half the time what they think are facts are actually opinions from a source with an agenda.
The other half the facts are right, but they don't have a clue what it means.
Yes, I listen to Roger Hedgecock's radio show. I catch it about twice a week. No, I don't always agree with him, but Hedgecock was the last successful mayor of the city that has now become "Enron by the Sea", after several liberal Mayors ran it into the ground, giving unions a sweetheart deal and a half.

We came within a knife's edge of declaring bankruptcy, and several years later, we're still in serious debt, and still behind in supplying necessary services. Water pipe replacements are still years behind, and periodically, an old one bursts, and these are water mains! Street repairs, etc. are in the same sad shape.

Don't be so presumptuous, Bruce. I took Poly Sci in college, and get most of my news (by far), from the BBC and other net sites. I have a degree, and a lot more experience than you have.

You may not like my opinions, or my posts, but it doesn't mean they're wrong.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote