Thread: Vacation
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Day 4 5-22-13

Visited the Herr's snack factory for the factory tour. This is something that most schools in the area do. Mine didn't, so I was about 40 years late.

Everyone else was busy, so this was a 'me' day. The tour was very interesting. One high point was when the guide pulled hot potato chips off of the line and brought them out for the tour. Being midweek, my tour only consisted of myself and an older couple. We were behind a high school tour group.

While I was out, I got the word that my meat order was ready. Being away from home, I had to scramble to get the cash together and drove up to Gap, Pennsylvania to get my 1/8th cow. I was happy to do this since I was splitting with another couple and if I couldn't pick it up before I flew out to Vegas they would have missed having the meat for Memorial Day weekend. I got there first, and it turned out that everyone from the office who ordered meat chose the same pickup time.

The meat order was a lot of hamburger, since we requested that the cheap roasts be turned into hamburger. I didn't ask for organs or bones, but some of the others, who had pets, did. There was a decent number of steaks, a brisket, tri-tip, delmonico, etc. It was enough to fill about 2 shelves in my freezer. The total cost was $256.

Attached Images

I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote