View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:58 AM   #79
Flint
Snowflake

So right now I'm downloading Oblivion again. I haven't played in years, should be fun to revisit.

What I've been doing for the last month or so is playing Elder Scrolls III, Morrowind-- arguably the best game in the series for immersion and storytelling. And with a few mods*, totally playable by modern standards.

I tried to get into Daggerfall (part II), but it's a tough sell. The music/atmosphere and retro graphics are charming, and the size/scope of the world is impressive (albeit procedurally generated), and the level of actual ROLE PLAYING is supposed to be higher than any subsequent title, but an even worse version of Morrowind's "dice-roll" attacks make it a chore to play, even with the Unity Engine's addition of WASD movement. Oh, and you can CLIMB.

*Morrowind Graphics Extender, Code Patch, Optimization Patch, Patch for Purists, Animation Compilation, Enhanced Overhaul, Better Heads/Bodies/Clothes/Armor/Dialogue Font, Remiros Groundcover, Darknut's Creatures and Weapons re-textures, Glow in the Dahrk, Enlightened Flames, Idle Talk, Improved Inns, RUN FASTER, Visible Persuasion Chance, Apel's Rain Replacer, Encumbrance Increaser, More Barter Gold, Accurate Attack, Skyrim UI, .... . . .
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote