View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The Walking Dead

I thought there was a WD thread already, but couldn't find it so must be mistaken...

Anyways. Figured we could use a Walking Dead thread around here. To put ....y'know....dead shit in.

Anybody else watching?

I may have mentioned one or ten times how much I love this show. I'm currently approaching the mid season closer of season 4.

It is currently my favourite programme on tv. Perfect bedtime viewing. This decade's BSG.

I love it so much it's got me into zombie fiction more generally (never my favourite horror trope until WD came along). I'm even downloading Left4Dead on Steam.

One of the things I really like about the current season is what they've done with The Governor. He was, as he probably should have been, a bit of a comic book villain. It was nice to see Morrissey chewing the scenery and being a nasty bastard. In between the smooth charm and whatnot.

I don't think I'd have a liked another season of that though. So, when I heard the Governor would be back I wasn't sure whether that was a good idea or not. And then they throw in such a wonderfully quiet and understated reintroduction to him that was a joy to watch. As fun as he is when he throws everything into the ring, Morrissey is at his finest with the quieter tones.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote