View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Okay, so what really happened?

Dave is not responsible for any of this. Not even the spider situation.

Yes, I apparently did get bitten by a spider or spiders--5 times. My doctor suspects that there was enough venom put into me to cause an allergic reaction, and the antibiotic I'm currently on for my sinus infection will apparently clear me up in a few days. As a precaution, he put me on Vioxx, told me to rest the leg for a few days and go on a gout diet (in case it is indeed a gout attack). But I can't walk properly--too much pain in my ankle joint to move my foot...can't even put a sock or shoe on. For a person that loves to walk, this sucks to the 55th power.

Once I got a doctor's appointment this morning, I decided to go into work for a few hours to clean some stuff up. Because of the train schedule and my walking ability, I drove. The closest parking lot is across the street from my building, and they are incredibly expensive. That $22.50 was for 3 1/2 hours. And there I am, trying to hustle across John F. Kennedy Blvd., with a work shoe on one foot and a slipper on the other, trying like mad to beat the light. Though I was in incredible pain, it was rather funny.

How I feel when I wake up tomorrow will determine whether I go to work or not. If I have it my way, I'll be there bright and early.

As far as the spiders, this was a basement. Spiders like basements. The room was pretty clean, and there was really nowhere else for me to sleep. *shrugs* What can you do? Freak incident.

Dave, you might want to do some spraying though, since Andrea sleeps close to the floor.

Oh, and I forgot my cell phone charger, like a big dummy...I'm getting really good at leaving shit at other people's houses. *nudges Wolf*