View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #353
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
No one can state how or where and under what circumstances anyone is going to encounter any situation. Who knows? I will tell you if I have a chance to pull it out and shoot the person dead, without asking questions, I will do it.
Or die trying.

Quote:
Of course you are talking to someone who has had formal combat CQ handgun training from H&K.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You're the ginchiest! My hero! I'm soooooooo impressed!

Quote:
So my position is much different from others.
The lotus? Doggie style?

Quote:
There are many ways to foil events like this. Dramatic gestures work very well in diffusing situations like this. One of the least used and most effective is for a person to put his/her hands up and scream at the top of your lungs over and over "Don't shoot..... (bla, bla, bla)". Fall to the ground and obtain your weapon and fire.
If I were a criminal, with my gun out, and you made a "dramatic gesture", you'd be dead.

Quote:
There are others, but you need to be ready and train for such events.
Unfortunately, most Americans aren't.

Quote:
.... Situational awareness is number one. Learning to avoid becoming a victim is more important than learning to shoot a gun, or owning one. ...
That's what I'm talking about. There are many things one can do to avoid killing or being killed with a gun.