Thread: Needing People
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #23
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Great article about this that I found a few years ago.
Yeah, I've read that article a few times. It usually just pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Grant--don't think I'm being flip, but do you at all think your feelings have anything to do with it being January? The weather has a huge effect on my own moods. Jan/Feb and March are hard for me unless it's sunny out---and it never is. You say you are feeling it around the evenings---what are you doing? watching TV? reading? Music? There's nothing lonelier than twilight in Jan/Feb/March! I try to flood my senses--embroidery with the TV on, lots of lights and I FORCE myself to make dinner. A real dinner. When I am at my worst, I won't even bother to open a can of condensed soup as it's too much trouble. Just some ideas.
I usually read, watch a movie, pine for the fjords, or catch up on bloglines and the Cellar as I've been doing lately.

I used to wonder if it was the weather, but I don't think that's it. I think I'm allergic to suburban sprawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
As for meeting people, maybe when you are feeling lonely, go to a local coffee shop or library and sit by someone who is sitting alone. A simple smile given and recieved would probably be enough to make you feel a little better. And, if you're feeling really crazy, even say hello. Bring a book (or grab one off the shelf) as a conversation starter, or as a back up activity if you change your mind about being social.
More good advice. Thanks, LabRat.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote