View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
When my particular shit hit my particular fan, I wound up not paying a lot of this and... it wound up... fine. The back insurance and taxes were even just... somehow dealt with. It remains frightening, like it should have not been so easy and there will be hell to pay, perhaps when I die.

But I may or may not have been the recipient of a lot of hidden assistance, in the form of the lesser-known Federal "Hey Banks that Fucked Everything Up, Please Solve It Without Too Much Mess" program.

I was previously a benefactor of the bank's wildly successful, "Give Shitty Mortgages To Idiots Getting Divorced So We Can Game the Market To Its Breaking Point" program.

If you are not intending to leave your house and move to a shithole, your mileage may vary wildly. Also I found out that Pennsylvania requires banks to pay all sorts of wild legal dues before actually foreclosing, so if you are not living in PA, the rules may encourage them to terminate you without prejudice.
Similar boat here. It seems like foreclosure might take the banks a lot longer than a year, but it is hard to say whether they start the clock with the proceedings or back date it from the first missed payment.

In any case, I'd like to stay, but if I have to leave I'm ok with liquidating everything I own and starting over from scratch. To that end, next week a buddy of mine is coming over and helping me get set up for an enormous indoor tag sale while tons of high ticket specialty shit is going up on ebay/craigslist.