View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

We went to the Simpson Tea House, which is in Chester Springs about 4 miles north of the Exton mall.

The place was very lovely and our waitress was great. It was a great experience, but in the future I think that I will not be doing the full tea.

Marci liked some of the tea sandwiches but not all of them. Since we had dessert we took home the scones and the small (teaspoon) containers of clotted cream and lemon curd.

I purchased the certificates from Amazon Local. The regular price before discount was $50 for the two of us, which to me translates as the cost for two king cut prime rib meals.

We each got:

2 cup pot of tea.
cup of soup
side salad
scone
dessert
5 pieces of tea sandwich, which together equals about 1 sandwich

The soup was great. I wasn't super happy with my dessert, but it was obviously homemade so it was a matter of choice on my part. The place was very nice and homey. They were playing Celtic music very low to the point where it took me a while with all of the people talking to realize that I was hearing bagpipes.

I would go back for sandwiches and tea, but the Queen Anne service was very expensive for what we got. At 1/2 price it was worth it.

I was able to wear my 'mad hatter' hat, and did enjoy the experience overall.
Attached Images

I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote