View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #13
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Wow, OC, I completely understand this situation, because it is nearly identicle to mine. My bf is dealing with a psycho ex, as well, and we all feel the pain of her episodes of benign, self-righteous, bubble-headed tyrany. She basically takes the kids right off, manipulates and intimidates to get what she wants and calls it generous. Now, she wants to move to Texas (20 hours away) to marry some guy she met this summer and take bf's 2 kids with her. She even has the nerve to tell my bf that he can only have the kids for 1 1/2 months during the summer. She has no real justification (unless you count "I want the kids to grow up in the 'truth'" a real justification). He plans to object to the uprooting of his children from their home to go live with someone they don't know and no family in sight. She can't just take them, can she? I believe she has done all this to try and squeeze as much money out of him as she can. The first thing she did when they split up was quit her good paying job and enroll in school so the CS formula would show that she needed more money for the kids. However, she moved the kids and herself to another town without bf's agreement. In Texas she hopes to "be a full-time mom" with the new sap's 3 kids and bf's 2. (I always hate that term, because it implies that those of us who work are not moms all the time.) Sorry to get off the subject, but I am glad this topic came up. OC, don't despair. The entire world (although it seems so) does not believe that all single mothers are martyrs to be pitied and awarded charity. Some of them choose the victim role and abuse the system to get vengeance.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote