View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks, Clod. I've been looking at some websites and talking to my friend who knows people in similar situations, and she told me they don't count my income, (which is a huge load off my mind), and pointed me to two different calculators. It appears that the most they'll be taking is about $500, and a low end number is about $300. If it comes down to it, I can probably get a personal loan from my aunt to pay off my car ($200 a month) and we'll be able to pay her back at $50 a month for the rest of my life.

We had already decided she wasn't going to get a damn thing now until we're told to pay her, Husband is going down tomorrow and opening a checking account at the Credit Union and we'll continue to put $300 a month into that account, listed in the girls' name with Husband as trustee, until this is all settled. That way, if we do get nailed for back support (hopefully they will give us credit for the money we can prove we paid, about $2250 since January) we have a small reserve to pull from, and it also shows that we aren't trying to skip out on our responsibility.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote