View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Child Support or Vengence Money?

The Players:

Husband - my current husband
Bitch - Husband's ex and mother of his two children
Cop - The man Bitch left Husband for, and is still living with but not married to.
Girls - Husband's two female children, living with their mother, Bitch.

The Background:
Husband was married to Bitch for 10 years. (They had been dating for 2 years before that.) They lost one daughter at 3 days old during the dating phase, and got married soon after. The Girls followed. Husband and Bitch decided that he would work and pay for her to go to tech school and watch Girl #1, then when she got a good job, she would work and watch girl #1 while he did same. They had girl #2 right at the end of Bitch's schooling. Husband ended up working 3 jobs while Bitch was watching girls and couldn't get a job.

In 2001, Bitch met Cop and had an affair. She kicked Husband out so that she could move Cop in and filed for divorce.

The divorce decree does not even mention the children, let alone provide for support or custody. I find this strange. Husband does not remember being served papers or getting notification of a divorce hearing. He remembers being given the final decree. Again, no mention of the children in the decree. At all.

Bitch and Cop move to Georgia. Husband is living in NJ and MI, pays her a little money a month (about $300) even though there is no official support arrangement, he wants to take care of his girls. He doesn't get down to GA to visit them often, (can't afford it) but he sends the CS checks in a card, and calls almost every week. Mails Christmas presents.

March 2003 Husband moves to NV (where he meets me) and pays her some there with money orders, then he moves to NC with me in Aug 03.

September 2003 we get married, and I start writing the CS checks from my bank account. He was out of work for a while, but when he did get back to work, he tried to catch up on his payments. Keep in mind these are strictly voluntary payments, no CS has been ordered.

We send a bunch of Christmas gifts in 2003.

In April, we rent a car, drive from NC to GA (10 hours) and pick up the girls, drive back, and have them for a week, then rent another car, drive down there and take them back.

In June I get my two boys back from my ex, and we find out girl #1 has diabetes. We discuss sending more money to help defray medical costs, but we can't afford it.

In Sept Husband finally gets a good job but he's a temp, so doesn't get benefits.

In October he goes from Temp to Perm, so we put my two boys on his insurance and he asked her if she wanted him to put the girls on his insurance. She said no, she has a really great insurance and only pays $15 a month for both girls on her insurance. OK.

Yesterday, my husband gets served with Child Support Enforcement paperword from NC. Apperantly, Bitch filed on January 21, 2004 and it went to GA CSE, who forwarded it to NC CSE, who finally served us yesterday.

She's asking for unspecified Child Support and Medical Coverage, backdated to January 21.

At NO time from Jan 21 to now (even when we asked if she wanted the girls on medical) did she tell us she filed anything. On the paperwork, she does not list Cop's income (even though he helps support her and the kids. We know this because she's told us during conversations about how they couldn't afford the phone bill, and they were evicted for not paying rent and they were moving in with her brother.) and she does NOT list all the money Husband has been sending her every month. She says her sole income is her job, that she makes $1100 to $1600 a month, and her outgo is $1536 a month. In addition, she has her rent listed as $250 for her and $500 for the girls, and food as $600 a month for the family. It doesn't break down how much her total rent is, so I don't know if she pays $750 total and is trying to say Cop doesn't pay rent or if it's $1000 a month and she's saying Cop is paying $250. But she LIED, under oath, when she said she doesn't get any income from Husband.

Now, we fully realize and acknowledge that Husband needs to be supporting his kids. And that $300 isn't much at all for 2 kids. And if we could afford to send more, we would. But at the same time, it's not like he's a deadbeat dad who doesn't care or WANT to support them.

I was livid last night when I got home. I slept badly and little last night, and I'm at a place now where all I can do is try to prove to the court how much we make and how much we owe monthly, and show that we really can't afford more than $300 right now.

I want the court to see that she's perjured herself and give us credit for all the money we've given her (we're working on documentation) and we want to show that he's been as active as he can be for hundreds of miles away.

I don't believe this is just about her getting more money for the girls. I think she wants to milk as much as possible from Husband because he married me and we're happy. She is a miserable, lying person and wants to make everyone else as miserable as she can.

This directly affects my finances, and MY children as well. I got a phone call two weeks ago from my ex, he's going to Iraq, so I'm getting my daughter New Year's Eve through at least June, probably longer. I don't get child support from my boys' fathers, it's just me and Husband making it as best we can.

I fear the worst: NC is going to nail us with $1200 a month child support and we will go under. We're barely making it now, and have put off paying other bills just to make sure Bitch was paid every month.

I don't know what to do.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote