Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #4089
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Police called after man kicks off about gay pride gnome at Plymouth Asda

A man was told to leave an Asda store by police after reportedly kicking off about a gay pride gnome.

Four police officers attended the Estover branch in Plymouth at around 4.25pm on Saturday following reports that an abusive male was shouting at staff.

A shopper, who was in the store at the time, told Plymouth Live that the man was "causing a disturbance over a gnome [in] sort of gay pride flag colours".

The man was shouting at staff saying the colourful gnomes "offended him", the witness added.

The force incident manager at Devon and Cornwall Police, who oversees all incidents across the two counties, said the man was said to be "abusive and loud" and "was advised to leave the store by officers at the scene".

The irate shopper "eventually" co-operated.

He added: "The man was making a complaint about an item he had bought."

The witness, who asked to remain anonymous, said the incident unfolded at around 5.30pm, adding that the man was alone and had a "rainbow coloured gnome" in his bag.
Plymouth Live

The more I contemplate the actions of the great mass of humanity, the more I scratch my head in puzzlement or shrug my shoulders in weary resignation.

A little more practice and I shall be able to do both at the same time.