View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #45
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Typical partisan bullshit, Trayvon was still a minor at the time.
When I first saw the pictures of Martin's killer, and heard the 911 call, I said "he doesn't look like he's been in a fight". Maybe he did pick the fight with Martin.

Then I learned that:

1) The 911 call had been edited by NBC news media, to make it sound like Zimmerman was a racist.

2) The pictures of Zimmerman, taken at the time, had been altered to make him appear less injured than he was.

(In fact Zimmerman is now suing the pants off NBC for this).

So here's my take on this - mind you, I only know what the media has reported, and little else, so there is speculation written all over this:

* Martin was bigger than Zimmerman, and a football player. He also had a temper - several fights in high school, in his background.

* His gf stated Martin saw Zimmerman following him, and didn't like it. Told her to go on, he was going to "handle this" problem.

* He got into a fight with Zimmerman, because he didn't like being followed, and Zimmerman wouldn't cooperate and leave.

* Martin was winning the fight, being bigger and stronger than Zimmerman, and frankly, more experienced as a fighter and physical (heavy contact), athlete.

* Martin broke Zimmerman's nose - and had him on his back, at least once, according to both an eye witness, and Zimmerman's jacket with grass stains on the back. Police verified the broken nose of Zimmerman, not the eye witness.

Also, Zimmerman's face was swollen. Clearly he'd been punched in the face, several times.

So I believe that Martin was clearly winning the fight, until Zimmerman shot him, and although Zimmerman's following of Martin was somewhat bothersome to me, it did not break any laws.

The court will rule it was self-defense, when all the facts come out.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote