The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Gravdigr 01-11-2018 12:05 PM

So, I tied to download a video from YouTube this morning.

Used the program I always use, but instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

WTF?

Oh, it's prolly cause the vid is a clip from America's Got Talent. I'll try this other vid I want...But instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

WTFF, man?

I tried a random video, and then a video I've downloaded before...But instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

Goddammit.

Gravdigr 01-11-2018 12:08 PM

I positively fucking abhor failure, in any form, first goddamn thing in the morning.

Aaaaand I'm sizzlin'.:mad2:

Gravdigr 01-11-2018 12:33 PM

I just tried recording to mp3 off YouTube and got THE shittiest sound to ever come out of this computer.

I know good and goddamn well that two (2) different unrelated programs did not decide to shit the bed on the same day.

Anybody know if YouTube decided to fuck the world today or what?

Gravdigr 01-11-2018 12:34 PM

This day is fucked. Might as well admit defeat. Fuck it.

Clodfobble 01-12-2018 07:00 AM

YouTube has definitely been screwing around with their code--ads are sometimes making it through AdBlock, in the last few weeks.

glatt 06-02-2018 07:31 AM

I'm taking a crew of 12 to Boy Scouts' holy grail, Philmont, on the 28th of this month for a 10 day backpacking trip through the mountains. I've been looking forward to it for a year and a half. We have been training hard since November.

So I saw in the news last night that there's a big uncontrolled wildfire right in the middle of it. And I checked the MODIS fire data on Google Earth and see the 4 of our campsites have burned so far.

Awesome. That's just perfect.

Clodfobble 06-02-2018 07:36 AM

Whoa. At least you weren't already at the campsite when the fire headed that way?

glatt 06-02-2018 08:03 AM

This is true. Nobody has been hurt in this fire, and the place hadn't opened yet for the summer, so there were not thousands of kids to evacuate from a hundred square miles of back country.

Griff 06-02-2018 08:38 AM

Crap. Is there a back up plan?

sexobon 06-02-2018 09:38 AM

Could've been worse. Might've been a missed opportunity; but, the "Fireman" merit badge was discontinued in 1911. No sweat.

Happy Monkey 06-04-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1009504)
I'm taking a crew of 12 to Boy Scouts' holy grail, Philmont, on the 28th of this month for a 10 day backpacking trip through the mountains. I've been looking forward to it for a year and a half. We have been training hard since November.

Bad news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philmont
At this time, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all backcountry treks that were scheduled to take place in the Philmont backcountry from June 8 – July 14, 2018. We hope that back country treks may resume after July 14, 2018 with altered itineraries, assuming the back country is safe and infrastructure is restored.

fargon 06-04-2018 08:24 PM

That sux.

monster 06-04-2018 10:19 PM

ugh, sorry

glatt 06-05-2018 12:57 PM

Yeah. This totally bites.

I got an email yesterday just before leaving for our regular scout meeting that our trek is cancelled.

I broke the news to the boys who were at the meeting, and they were very disappointed. It's crazy. I mean, it's just a trip. But we have been training really hard for it for months.

So now I'm faced with trying to cobble something together that we can do ourselves, and there is no time to plan it properly. We would be out there for 14 days. I have planned weekend scout trips before and it takes a lot of work. Filling 14 days is really overwhelming. I'm not sure if it's possible in the limited time I have.

limey 06-05-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1009676)
Yeah. This totally bites.

I got an email yesterday just before leaving for our regular scout meeting that our trek is cancelled.

I broke the news to the boys who were at the meeting, and they were very disappointed. It's crazy. I mean, it's just a trip. But we have been training really hard for it for months.

So now I'm faced with trying to cobble something together that we can do ourselves, and there is no time to plan it properly. We would be out there for 14 days. I have planned weekend scout trips before and it takes a lot of work. Filling 14 days is really overwhelming. I'm not sure if it's possible in the limited time I have.

Can you share the task with someone? Are there online forums where other group leaders share their plans and ideas?