The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

DanaC 12-23-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 1000771)

**This is the one time "Pics or it never happened" is NOT an applicable response... :/

*snort*

BigV 12-24-2017 02:50 AM

To be honest, I only have the pics as evidence it did happen.

I'm told that fentanyl and versed have a synergistc effect that produces amnesia... So, thank God for the pictures.

Griff 12-24-2017 10:28 AM

Yeah, I had a polyp, not cancer. Up the fiber! (or up yours)

xoxoxoBruce 12-24-2017 12:34 PM

Me too, I think they're fairly common and usually not a problem, but they always take them off.

sexobon 12-24-2017 01:18 PM

If left in, they could become cancerous after about 10 years. That's why we screen every 10 years.

I didn't have any. I am polyp poor.

Gravdigr 12-24-2017 04:55 PM

I wouldn't go in to a room that contained fentanyl.

Glinda 12-24-2017 08:34 PM

For the last 13 years, I have been an in-home pet sitter. I go to other people's houses to tend to their pets when they're out of town. This morning, as I was finishing up at a client's house (cat breeder - 30 freakin' cats - OMG), it began to sleet. The sleet turned into snow by noon, and it's been snowing ever since.

I made it to my afternoon sits without any trouble, although I did see two cars in ditches, and two other cars that were parked along the road because the drivers couldn't make it up some moderate hills.

I have an overnight visit in a nearby town, and I'm nervous about heading out in a few hours to drive over there. The good news is, I have a great 4WD Silverado with new tires, so I'm probably going to be ok. The bad news is, the weather dudes say things will turn to freezing rain and ice soon, with more in the morning.

Tomorrow I have to travel all over the county yet again, to tend to a bunch of critters. Why the hell did the weather have to turn to shit on THIS particular day?

:mad:

xoxoxoBruce 12-24-2017 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's simple, Glinda...

Glinda 12-25-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1000858)
It's simple, Glinda...

:D

Well, I made it where I needed to go last night, and again today. The roads are crap, but I've been fine. Can't say as much for other drivers - I saw at least 8 or 10 cars in ditches today. Even had to wait 20 minutes while a tow truck hauled one up out of a deep ravine.

Whee. Fun. :neutral:

xoxoxoBruce 12-25-2017 05:27 PM

Good for you. :notworthy

glatt 12-27-2017 01:46 PM

What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell

Sitting in the state inspection waiting area, hoping our '96 Geo Prizm makes it. Emissions always worry me because I don't understand the test. What does that anal probe measure? Plus the steering belt squeals, and sometimes the brake light comes on, but not this morning. Brakes should be good mechanically though. I think it's a dirty sensor or something. Hope we pass...

Glinda 12-27-2017 02:11 PM

I live in SW Washington state, and for unknown reasons, my local jurisdiction does not require smog checks on residents' vehicles. (This doesn't make any damned sense to me, but what do I know?) Of course, the DMV doesn't tell you this; they send out the notices to everyone regardless.

The first time I got the notice that I needed an emissions test, I dutifully followed directions in order to get my new tags. A few days later, I mentioned to a neighbor that I had the test done, and she asked me why. I said, "They sent a paper that said I had to."

She laughed, and told me we lived in a specially designated non-emissions-test area. I haven't fallen for that trick ever since. :rolleyes:

Of course, when it's emissions year, I can't renew online. If I try, I'm told I MUST have the test, so every few years I'm obligated to go to the licensing office in person and say "I live in ____ town, so I don't have to get the test." The person behind the counter nods knowingly, and processes my tag transaction without the emissions paperwork.

No DMV worker has been able to tell me why this is the situation. I often wonder if it's some sort of property tax related thing, as I also get free ambulance service out here (paid for through property taxes, which are exceedingly reasonable).

'Tis a mystery. :thumb:

glatt 12-27-2017 03:04 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c5921e8bb0.jpg

Woo!

DanaC 12-27-2017 03:27 PM

yey!

Griff 12-28-2017 08:59 AM

Victory!