The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

glatt 08-29-2017 09:36 AM

The bank lost my daughter's deposit she made a week and a half ago.

She deposited two checks from summer jobs, totaling about a thousand dollars. It's her spending money and book money for her first year of college. And of course when she went off to college, she cleaned her room and threw away the receipt of the deposit they gave her.

She had gone up to the window with her bank card and asked that the money be deposited into that account. They scanned the checks, and gave her a receipt. They must have put it in somebody else's account since there is no record of it ever being in my daughter's.

Not sure how this is going to pan out.

Luckily, I have the Estate's money in the same bank before I distribute it to the heirs, so they think we are high rolling customers they should take seriously.

We know the date of the deposit and the rough amount. Also who gave her the checks. That's about it.

Save those receipts people!

Griff 08-30-2017 06:42 AM

Yikes!

glatt 08-30-2017 08:04 AM

My wife was unsuccessful at the bank yesterday getting it resolved. There were a couple people trying to help her, but they had almost no information to go on.

She reached out to the people who had written the checks and even got images of the processed checks from one of them. So she is heading back to the bank today to see if this additional information and images of the cleared checks will help find the money. It's somewhere.

Ugh.

orthodoc 08-31-2017 06:58 PM

What a nightmare. I hope your wife had success today.

Pico and ME 08-31-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

...and even got images of the processed checks from one of them...
THAT should work! Good Luck!

glatt 08-31-2017 08:20 PM

She checked her account today and the money was there!

Pico and ME 08-31-2017 08:21 PM

Thank goodness.

monster 09-01-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 995009)
She checked her account today and the money was there!

was the apology that is clearly due anywhere in sight?

glatt 09-01-2017 07:59 PM

Ha!

glatt 09-01-2017 08:04 PM

Actually, I just asked my wife, and she doesn't remember an apology specifically, but the body language and tone of voice were all very apologetic and they may have said the words. They did thank her for her patience.

orthodoc 09-01-2017 08:32 PM

Great news. A major confidence-shaker on the bank's part, though - I'd have thought they would be a little more forward with the apologies. Maybe some light grovelling.

Flint 09-01-2017 08:40 PM

Glad it worked out. I'd ask for the specific steps they are going to take to ensure it can never happen again. Otherwise, how could I trust them with my money. Or.. anybody. Of all the people I know. Who bank here.

BigV 12-23-2017 02:04 PM

Apprehensive / too early to tell:

The biopsy results from my recent colonoscopy. That there were polyps to be removed is bad enough, hearing about them and seeing the pictures.... Whatev..

We shall see, in a week to ten days.

sexobon 12-23-2017 02:17 PM

Now you have to trade in your alcohol for green tea.

classicman 12-23-2017 02:24 PM

Well V ... not exactly that uncommon.

**This is the one time "Pics or it never happened" is NOT an applicable response... :/