The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I feel very ambivalent about the Cellar lately. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25500)

skysidhe 07-19-2011 10:09 AM

hypocrisy and double standard..... her head is so far up her ass she can't even see the light of day.... a good friend like you should be helping her pull it out.

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 10:14 AM

You know what, sky? That's bullshit. She contributes far more to the community than most. She can make jokes, sure. She can argue, sure. She can contribute real life happenings that are pertinent. She can rise far above the crap-snappers in this place which is something I admire because honestly I can't seem to do that.

Stop being jealous of a person with a full, rich life and start forging your own. Then maybe you won't have to be the little dog in the tall grass always jumping up to see what everyone else is doing.

This little wah-wah thread sure did serve its insidious purpose, no matter how much eye-batting "who me" one professes.

A wise man once said (Oh yeah, it was UT) if you don't like the Cellar post more and make it what you want.

All the people I've ever heard say "just ignore it if you don't like it" are the very first to bitch about what they don't like. It's just so saaaaaaaaaaaddddd, it hurts soooooooo much. Puh. Not really. It's not about you, that's all.

Pathetic.

disclaimer: all references to 'you' are to an 'everyyou' meaning if the shoe fits...the rant is against the general IDEA, and those who promote that idea, that any perceived problems are being solved by poorly disguised finger-pointing.

skysidhe 07-19-2011 10:19 AM

lol

Pico and ME 07-19-2011 10:23 AM

Sky, you take Monster much too personally.

monster 07-19-2011 11:45 AM

:lol: if the cap fits....

srsly you guys have given me my first laugh today.

Except infi. what a smarmy arse-licker. :p:

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 11:46 AM

Bite me, bitch. :lol2:

Hmmmph. I shall flounce off in the general direction that is not in the direction in which you are.

monster 07-19-2011 11:47 AM

cornfield?

monster 07-19-2011 11:48 AM

How did Old Navy ruin your life?

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 11:49 AM

Dude, they totally fucked me over, the ruined EVERYTHING. I am NEVER going back. NEVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. You can take me back to Old Navy when you pry the GAP from my cold dead hands.

How can an inocuous chain store ruin one's life, you may ask? I'm not sure, but they totally effed me over, and I can't forgive nor will I forget.

;)

glatt 07-19-2011 11:52 AM

plus, it smells like China when you walk into their store. Seriously. It's a distinctive smell.

monster 07-19-2011 11:56 AM

My china smells of Finish powerballs. Or is that Finnish power balls?

footfootfoot 07-19-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 745275)
How did Old Navy ruin your life?

Area Man Has Asshole, Old Navy Written All Over Him
(the Onion)

Aliantha 07-19-2011 06:12 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why monster thinks this thread has anything to do with her, and why infin thinks she needs to leap to monsters defense in a thread where not a single person has mentioned her.

I just don't know why this has to happen. Seriously.

I SAID I don't blame anyone for my feelings on this issue, and I was just asking if anyone else had the same sort of feeling.

I'll also add that I've never cracked the shits and posted an 'I'm leaving this place' thread although others who seem to think this thread is pointless have certainly done so, and look, they're still here! For goodness sake, get over yourselves. It's not about you.

TheMercenary 07-19-2011 09:13 PM

Wow, this beats a soap opera....

:corn:

casimendocina 07-20-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 744690)
that right there is one fine user title.

:)