The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

lumberjim 03-22-2008 09:08 PM

can you make the fucking search thing accept 3 letter words already? who does brianna have to blow to make this happen?

SteveDallas 03-22-2008 09:31 PM

You can use Google.

Undertoad 03-22-2008 09:39 PM

It turns out to be a MySQL limitation which is fairly serious to override. It would require downtime and table rebuilds. Not kidn

lumberjim 03-22-2008 10:03 PM

ok....just rememberd the google trick
site: cellar.org (criteria)

but, who does bri have to blow, anyway?

Undertoad 03-22-2008 10:33 PM

xoB most likely - he could convince me to do the work for the change

lumberjim 03-22-2008 10:47 PM

talk about an honorable cause. Not that he would have any trouble on his own...but that's even better than the quest to meet tw.

xoxoxoBruce 03-23-2008 02:20 AM

I have nothing but four letter words for the search function. It never works for me.

Brianna, on the other hand, always works for me. :joylove:

Trilby 03-23-2008 10:34 AM

aren't youse guys da sweetest?

Shaeling 03-24-2008 11:31 PM

Well, second post on the board. Here's hoping I've found the right place to ask, and don't end up looking like a complete noob.

I can't seem to find the field in which I would input my signature to be displayed! I'm just about as veteran as one can be with most forum setups - I first searched the board for any thread telling a person how to change their signature, but it returned nothing that looked relevant. I then looked through the FAQ, which tells me I can edit my signature in My Profile, but looking in there, I see no place for it. I also did try to skim through this thread in the hopes that the topic would come up, but .. my, this is a hefty old thread, isn't it ...

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have the feeling it must be right under my nose, but I am at a loss.

lumberjim 03-24-2008 11:43 PM

user cp on the top, then modify signature, save.

Shaeling 03-24-2008 11:52 PM

Aye, Control Panel - but unless I really must update my glasses prescription, there is no "Modify Signature" option, nor in the Edit Profile area.

Is a new member required to contribute through posting a certain number of times, before allowed this feature, or something odd like that? I'm sure I'll be posting with some regularity pretty soon, it just strikes me as strange that I can't find something so common.

lumberjim 03-25-2008 12:08 AM

its actually 'edit signature' along the left margin....but maybe its disabled for the honeymoon period.

welcome.....mimi?

Shaeling 03-25-2008 12:13 AM

If it's easily viewable for you, then that's most likely the case, I suppose. I shall post and post yet again where appropriate, and add one in later.

And thank you. :> Shae or MiMi, whichever you prefer, at your service! Or .. well, not service. Unless you pay me. Well. ... And no French Maid outfits, sorry.

lumberjim 03-25-2008 12:21 AM

ok.....here's your quiz:

1.do you enjoy taking quizzes?

2. is it a shark or a dolphin?

3. who would win in a fight? stimpy or beavis?

4. Picard or Kirk?

5. What do you put on your hotdog first?

6. Have you ever been arrested?

7. Eff, Marry Kill: Sean Connery; Robert Downey Jr; David Letterman

8. How many fingers am I holding up?

8. Are you a perfectionist?

10. What brought you to the cellar?

Shaeling 03-25-2008 01:02 AM

(Should I be replying to this here? Oh well. From what I've seen, topics tend to go on tangents anyway.)

1.do you enjoy taking quizzes?
Enjoy? More like you do them because they're there, and you're bored. Although in the so-called 'honeymoon period', I think sometimes they can help break the ice and introduce you? I guess.

2. is it a shark or a dolphin?
Both. A shark on wheels and a bacon-shooting dolphin.

3. who would win in a fight? stimpy or beavis?
Stimpy. Beavis would be too busy staring at someone's tits.

4. Picard or Kirk?
I can never decide on this. :C Ever. The only one I didn't like was DS9, and I can't even decide on why that is.

5. What do you put on your hotdog first?
... ... Eeeehh, we're talking typical .. like, Ballpark hotdogs? I'll pass. Gimme a bratwurst and a grill. I'll cook for everyone.

6. Have you ever been arrested?
Nope. A better question would be, have I ever done anything which under the right circumstances would have warranted an arrest . . . but even then, I think the answer would be no. Police around here have got much bigger fish to fry than me.

7. Eff, Marry Kill: Sean Connery; Robert Downey Jr; David Letterman
Out of the three? Ah jeez ... ... Uh... Connery. Downey can just go away, please, and Letterman was never really my sort.

8. How many fingers am I holding up?
*Squint* How many have you got? That could be a trick question. ... But I like the number seven, so I say you do too.

8. Are you a perfectionist?
I was gonna say "only when it comes to my drawings" but immediately rejected that, since I never finish a damn thing I draw! ... So no. No, not by a long shot. I DID however notice that number eight has cloned himself and killed off number nine! There's treachery in this place! D:

10. What brought you to the cellar?
Originally (beware: convolutions!) I was searching for a picture on Google to show something similar to a dream I had recently. It was a picture of the "World's Largest Goldfish", as I'd dreamed of a very large ryukin. The first time I found a similar image, my browser suddenly died. Cry. Second time around, it came up with a link to the Cellar, in the Daily Images area, or something along that line. "Images that will blow your mind .. every day".

BUT. I noticed the capuchin monkey and the typewriter and was INTRIGUED by the simplicity of the images. (This happens all too often, as I've got a graphic designer's mind...) And I was hooked once I started looking around. The tenure of this place and its incarnations past is impressive!