The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Coffee and Tea Festival (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29494)

richlevy 10-05-2013 08:05 AM

Coffee and Tea Festival

I saw a Groupon for the Coffee and Tea Festival on Nov 2nd (and 3rd). I can't remember the last time I went to any kind of trade show. I hate crowds. I do, however, love tea and I've decided to go. Groupon only sells these kinds of things in groups of two. Mrs. Levy may be going with me, depending on whether we feel comfortable leaving our son home. Out tickets are on Saturday, for scheduling reasons and because they have a few more special events that day. I want to be there when the doors open at 10:00 to score a gift bag.

If I go solo, there may be a ticket up for grabs for some lucky Cellarite. If the rules allow, I'll take pictures.

:donut::coffee: (Finally! An excuse to use the coffee and donut icons.)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/coffee-tea-festival-2

http://www.coffeeandteafestival.com/philly/

Lamplighter 10-05-2013 08:41 AM

Isn't a "Coffee and Tea" festival sort of like a "Dog and Cat" festival.
I'm strictly, fanatically, coffee. For me, tea is akin to hot water.

Do many people like both ?

richlevy 10-05-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 878768)
Isn't a "Coffee and Tea" festival sort of like a "Dog and Cat" festival.
I'm strictly, fanatically, coffee. For me, tea is akin to hot water.

I'm mostly tea but I like iced coffee. At work we get free coffee and tea. The tea is basic Lipton's, which I hate. I will however, occasionally make iced coffee with a lot of creamer.

Normally, I find that coffee upsets my stomach where tea doesn't.:kettle:

xoxoxoBruce 10-05-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 878768)

I have know many couples that are split.

Sundae 10-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 878773)
I have know many couples that are split.

Let's hope Mr & Mrs Levy don't, after this
Quote:

Attendees can also participate in pairings and specialty events for an additional fee.
I don't drink coffee because it gives me insomnia and makes me jittery.
I drank de-caff for a while to psychologically wean myself off it (I was never a real junkie). But like oven-chips, I've never found one that matched a proper cup.

Tea now, seems I'm no connoisseur. I can happily drink decaff and when I just want a cup of tea, any tea will do. My favourite tea is simple buiders' tea, orange-brown and strong enough to trot a mouse across.

The herbal stuff I can enjoy, but drink just to fill myself up really.

I don't think it's my kind of festival.
Mine would be "Intoxicating Drinks Safe for Your Liver and Food With No Calories Festial" at the moment.
Or "Learn How to Walk in Tight High Heels".
Heck I'd pay $20 for a kiss and a compliment!

DanaC 10-05-2013 03:19 PM

I drink coffee and tea.

During the day I mainly drink coffee. Can't function properly til I've had at least two mugs of instant coffee. Has to be instant in the morning for me; the real stuff is too heavy.

When out and about, if I buy a drink it tends to be a latte.

I sometimes also drink tea during the day. Past around 7pm, I only really drink tea.

I drink way too much of both really. Not unusual for me to have 7 or 8 coffees and 5 or 6 teas in a day and night.

richlevy 10-06-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 878785)
Let's hope Mr & Mrs Levy don't, after this.

Nah, after the first 30 years all of the differences are pretty much ironed out.;)

If anyone from the Cellar decides to go on Saturday, let me know. I want to show up early for the door prizes and to catch the 11:00 event. They got a little oversmart in titling it 'Chado Tea' instead of 'Japanese Tea Ceremony'.

I might be able to pick up some real matcha (quality powdered green tea) like they use for the ceremony at the show to try.

richlevy 11-03-2013 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We got to the festival on time as it opened. The first 1000 people were supposed to get gift bags and we were a bit worried because when we got there the line was around the block.

I didn't realize until I viewed the picture that the gift bag said "Atlantic City" instead of Philadelphia.

We could only stay 2 hours, so we did not go to the Japanese tea ceremony and instead went to all of the vendor tables.

We had a great time and want to do this next year if they come back.

There were some good tea samples to try and we did leave with some sample teabags, sample sweeteners, and two small sample bags of coffee. I got a signed book on tea, a small ceramic tea bag holder. The missus got a few jars of infused honey, a bag of coffee, a super size smoothie. We got a Teafu tea infuser.

Lola Bunny 11-19-2013 06:21 PM

What kinds of tea do you like, Rich?

xoxoxoBruce 11-19-2013 09:09 PM

Free tea. :haha:

Lola Bunny 11-21-2013 10:09 PM

Well, he doesn't like Lipton and that's free at his work place. :frog: