The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

orthodoc 10-20-2012 01:54 PM

:lol2: Perfect for next summer. Might need a little hammock with a cooler beside it, too, for when he's done ...

footfootfoot 10-20-2012 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Model Railroad Figures: The possibilities are endless.

ZenGum 10-20-2012 07:25 PM

Get your scalp painted to look like a brain.

ETA With a few computer chip implants.

orthodoc 10-20-2012 08:16 PM

Endless possibilities ... NSFW, but endless. :p:

xoxoxoBruce 10-22-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 834983)
My line of work isn't oncology but it involves helping people through injuries and exposures of various types.

Oh really, then I could use your help.
I was exposing myself down at the playground the other day, and some old biddy whacked me with her umbrella. ;)

footfootfoot 10-22-2012 07:38 PM

injuries AND exposures, not injuries FROM exposures.

glatt 10-27-2012 06:22 AM

hey orthodoc, how are you doing?

Trilby 10-27-2012 07:02 AM

you all are hilarious. I never thought of doing a diorama thing.

I saw one woman who painted her head with really cool, psychedelic shapes and colors-that was neat. and wear really killer earrings with your scarves. Makes you look ethnic and scary at the same time. :)

Trilby 10-27-2012 07:03 AM

did I ever tell you what Cherry told me to do after I lost all my hair? she said to go down to the drugstore where the sell shampoo, whip off my scarf/wig with shampoo bottle in hand and announce loudly, "LOOK WHAT THIS PRODUCT DID TO MY HAIR!"

I thought that would be pretty funny. :)

orthodoc 10-27-2012 08:16 AM

It's been pretty much a Dorothy Parker week (what fresh hell is this?). Every day something new and amusing.

But - last weekend was the 7th hell or lower. This weekend I've clambered up to the 3rd or so, I think. Making progress. Given the past week, losing my hair in the next few days won't even show up on the radar. 'Bald this morning? Does it hurt? Does it make me throw up? No? Easiest part of my day.'

One day at a time, hour by hour, I am moving forward through this. When you're going through hell, keep going, and all that.

And - the diorama idea is toast as far as work is concerned. :rolleyes: The hospital just put new policies on dress and behavior in place that will keep any creative self-expression well hidden. But that's what the wig was always for, anyway. I can always have fun on weekends. :)

Clodfobble 10-27-2012 08:40 AM

You should let your patients sign your head, under the wig where administrators can't see.

orthodoc 10-27-2012 08:49 AM

If I didn't think someone'd rat me out, I'd do it. :lol:
Now, if I saw kids in my practice ... I could totally have fun with it. Might even get it past the administration. A Robin Williams sort of thing.

One thing I might do, if I feel up to it ... I have a friend in PA who's been growing his hair for a year and a half in order to go down to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and let the kids on the oncology inpatient unit shave his head - he's going to donate the hair to Locks of Love. Very cool project. Maybe I should go along, be the 'Vanna White' girl who calls the kids up and gives them a turn shaving ... and at the end, whip off MY wig and let them sign my scalp in nontoxic marker. Could be fun.

One thing about the Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. They just built a new one, a beautiful building, but the architects made an extreme planning goof. They put beautiful big windows in the oncology ward, and the windows overlook ... a huge cemetery.

So they've replaced the clear glass with colored glass murals to block out the cemetery view. Nice.

Big Sarge 10-27-2012 09:09 AM

Have you thought about a tinfoil hat?? Besides covering your head, it helps block the alien transmissions. I sleep in mine everyday

orthodoc 10-27-2012 10:30 AM

Tinfoil ... let's see, I could work up an outfit to complement that ;)
But I think it'd be crinkly to sleep on ... besides, the alien transmissions come in better at night.

xoxoxoBruce 10-27-2012 07:51 PM

Jim's got some blond braids that might be available in a few days.
Oh and when you get to hell level 2, don't forget to check out the sale on ladies unmentionables and sundries. :haha: